Rizzo the Rat smiley

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd actually like to get a few more smileys. Needless to say, Elmo will never be one of them. Not while I'm breathing oxygen. :grouchy: The little red guy made the current Christmas menu, but I felt he kind of had to. That was actually my idea.

I feel Sesame is so heavily represented and dominates the Muppetverse so much that I went light on them in the smileys. If I were able to, the SS I would consider adding are (in this order) Cookie Monster, Big Bird and the Count. I do think we could do with a happy Sesame smiley besides the goofy Ernie. :stick_out_tongue:

That's what always happens with the smiley feedback - everyone campaigns for a variety of choices while it's best to keep them neat and simple. There's none in the current lineup that I'm willing to nix. I feel they do represent the Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight (Pepe), Sesame Street, Bear in the Big Blue House and Fraggle Rock. Very recognizable characters from a variety of properties. Muppet Central's design has always been Muppet Show heavy and I particularly dig that.

Not only do the smileys span several projects, but they each emote something specific in the smiley realm. It was no easy feat. Also keeping them within a fairly uniform head-size and translating them crisply into pixels. We wanted so many characters to start with, but widdled them down to these.

My favorite of the new ones is Wembley! I had forgotten just how expressive that character is until watching so much Fraggle Rock! The Swedish Chef just looked so good, but I'm not married to the idea of his smiley. I originally thought of a Cookie one. I'd like both and just use Cookie for his wild googly eyes. That's a Muppet emotion. I also had created a nice-looking Doozer a while back. Personally, I'd like to add more than three, but three would be a good start (or finish) for them.

Rizzo (shifty), Wembley (coy), Swedish Chef (hungry), Cookie Monster (hungry or googly eyes), Doozer (busy), Count (numbers/counting/lists), Big Bird (letters/spelling/learning), Camilla (chicken) - are ones that seem to make some sense to me. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Whatever = happened to that Devil elmo smilie you made a while back, Jamster? *innocent*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Whatever = happened to that Devil elmo smilie you made a while back, Jamster? *innocent*
Did I make one? Probably got nixed by the staff consensus. LOL!

I have my favorite characters that just didn't translate the best into smileys. Likeness, emotion and purpose all need to be there. I remember that being the case with Boober. However, I did think the Doozer was a good idea. He just took up an extra space. Then the penguin campaign came along and threw everything off balance. He he.

Still, If there were to be one addition, I'd pick Wembley. Love the guy and the smiley. It really does express something the others do not.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think a Grover smiley would be good to go along with some of the others mentioned. Even though MC has a TMS design, I still don't feel SS is represented enough. Just my thoughts. :smirk:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think I remember seeing the Wembly one (although that could be a freaky figment of my imagination...mm...figs...Anyway!) and loving it. I'd like to see a Wembling Emoticon, and gotta agree with Prawnie, a Grover or Su-per Grover smilie would rule!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Snowths. So, what Muppet icons do we have now? And what does each one express? Is there room for adding more? If so, how many more can be added?
Just trying to get all the info possible to make an educated assessment.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks Snowths. So, what Muppet icons do we have now? And what does each one express? Is there room for adding more? If so, how many more can be added?
Just trying to get all the info possible to make an educated assessment.
At the moment we have Kermit for happy, Piggy for mad, Fozzie embarassed, Gonzo concerned, Scooter winking, Pepe rolling his eyes, Rowlf is symphathetic, Sam represents "attitude", Waldorf has a snore above him, Statler the word "boo" beside him, Dr Teeth is estatic, Floyd singing, Janice in luuv, Animal has a halo, Zoot is cool with dark glasses, Bunsen is assisted with questionmarks, Beaker is surprised, Crazy Harry is an explosion of black hair, Ernie has his tongue out, Bert seems sad, Oscar is throwing chunks, Gobo is confused, Red is bouncy, Tutter has a sad tear, and they are joined by a gratuitous penguin.

Kermit is happy, Piggy mad, Fozzie

Beauregard

Reaction score
Good heavens! Slushballs are falling from thread to thread...and me without my umbrella!