Biff without a hat

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Biff has ever been seen without his helmet, or any kind of head gear? If he has, does he have a full head of hair, or does he have a bald spot (like the one that Dr. Teeth has)?

I know that Sully has been seen without his helmet at least once, and oddly enouhg, this was in his last new appearance. It was in a season 30 episode, where Biff and Sully are doing some work on the street, and Sully drills so hard that hs helmet fell off. The only hair that Sully has is the hair that can be seen when he wears his helmet. Other than that, he is bald.

back to the original topic, has Biff been seen without a hat or helmet? Oddly enouhg, he even wore his helmet in the bathtub in Do De Rubber Duck.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Does anybody know if Biff has ever been seen without his helmet, or any kind of head gear? If he has, does he have a full head of hair, or does he have a bald spot (like the one that Dr. Teeth has)?

I know that Sully has been seen without his helmet at least once, and oddly enouhg, this was in his last new appearance. It was in a season 30 episode, where Biff and Sully are doing some work on the street, and Sully drills so hard that hs helmet fell off. The only hair that Sully has is the hair that can be seen when he wears his helmet. Other than that, he is bald.

back to the original topic, has Biff been seen without a hat or helmet? Oddly enouhg, he even wore his helmet in the bathtub in Do De Rubber Duck.
I wonder if they feel he needs to wear his helmet for us to recognize him. Because without the hat, he could just be passed off as any old Anything Muppet. Just a thought. Besides, its kinda funny that he wears the hard hat even in the bath.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember Biff singing a song called, "Someone's Gotta Hammer." Biff and Sully were imagining what it would be like if they had different careers. Like doctors, fireman, actors, cooks, writers, farmers, even Presidents of the USA. Biff and Sully were seen without their hemlets. Biff had thick black hair and Sully was bald with black hair on the back of his head.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember Biff singing a song called, "Someone's Gotta Hammer." Biff and Sully were imagining what it would be like if they had different careers. Like doctors, fireman, actors, cooks, writers, farmers, even Presidents of the USA. Biff and Sully were seen without their hemlets. Biff had thick black hair and Sully was bald with black hair on the back of his head.
Is "Someones Gotta Hammer" the same song as "We Coulda", or are they different songs?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is "Someones Gotta Hammer" the same song as "We Coulda", or are they different songs?
Well, I've found that they are the same song.

A few images from that song have been uploaded to Muppet Wiki, including one from when Biff and Sully are presidents (which is on the wiki page "President of the United States of America", but not in the "We Coulda" page). I asked the user who added those photos where he found them and informed me that they came from one of the international Sesame Street shows (can't remember which one), which was on YouTube at the time but has since been taken down. I watched the footage once (the volume wasn't there, but since it wasn't in english it didn't really make a difference).

I was surprised by how Biff looked. His hair seems to be sticking up. I would have thought his hair would have been smoother. At least it's consistient with how his hair appears in "Don't Forget to Watch the Movie".

I recently saw images from a Sesame Street book which showed Biff and Sully in swimming trunks but also wearing their helmets. I wonder if it was acase of the illustrator not having reference for how they look without their hats (I'm guessing the style guides don't show them without hats). And Biff also wore his helmet when he portrayed a caveman in one sketch.

I wonder how the helmets stay on. I couldn't imagine them being sewn or glued on. I would think maybe double-sided tape (which I know is used for facial features and hair), but then in the instances where Biff and Sully's helmets have fallen off I would expect to have been intentional. If that's the case (and I don't know if it is) then it's a wonder the tape didn't stay on their heads either time. What if Biff's helmet was attached to his head, and his hair fell off with the hat? There have been quite a few times where I find it surprising that their helmets didn't slide off accidently.

I also wonder if Sherlock Hemlock or Bruno have ever been shown without their hats.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today I've seen images from the episode where Biff celebrates his birthday, and he even keeps his helmet on underneath his party hat.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was at a Goodwill store and found some volumes of The Sesame Street Treasury. So I looked through them a little, and found in one story, I think it was called "King of Cauliflower Castle", Biff is actually shown without a hat twice. So now I know that there is at least one official illustration of him hat-less (the style guides don't seem to show how many characters with hats should look if their hats come off).

The weird thing is, a few years before I started this thread, I was at a flea market and looked through some old Sesame Street books, and saw this story.... Somehow the fact that he was seen without his hat didn't stand out to me back then, though I know I was wondering at the time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Found another episode to show Biff without his hat (well, I didn't actually see the episode, but...). Muppet Wiki added a guide for episode 1955, where Biff gets sick while doing work at Bob's house. A screenshot shows him laying on the couch without wearing his hat. Judging by just one screenshot, his hair looks better groomed than in We Coulda, closer to what I had expected his hair to look like without his hat.