Left out of compilation tapes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Are there enough jazz songs from The Muppet Show that were not on any of the compilations to fill a jazz music-themed video?

Anyway, here is what i would do if I were in chareg of a second Rock Muic With The Muppets video:
Crocodile Rock (with Elton John)
Ain't Misbehavin'
Close To You (with Connie Stevens)
Baby Driver
Dance
Groovy people (with Lou Rawls)
I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends
Last Time I Saw Him (with Diana Ross)
Surfing USA
Someone Just Like You (with Raquel Welch)
Sweet Tooth Jam
I'm Looking Through You
Whenever I call You Friend (with Mellissa Manchester)
Teenager In Love (with Connie Stevens)
Temderly
Last Dance (with Leslie Ann Warren)
Don't Go Breaking My Heart (with Elton John)

I also think that Pure Imagination should have been in Childrens Songs And Stories.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Marty Feldman/Arabian Knights bits, and Lynn Redgrave-Robin Hood scenes in "Children's Songs and Stories"
I think it is weird that Robin Hood and Arabian Knights were not included. I know that Alice In Wonderland was included. How much of that story was included? I have a feeling that the Alice in Wonderland scenes were either edited with narraration by Scooter, or had a page-turning transition. I guess that the opening scene, Brooke Shields encounter with the cetepillar (Floyd), the court scene, and the mad tea party were probably included. Perhaps there would have been too much stuff in Robin Hood to have included scenes from that episode and for it to make sense on the video.

As for the Marty Fieldman episode, I think that the Aladdan sequence should have at least been included. the Goldilocks scene would have been fine as well, although I am not sure if there is any special reason for not including clips with Sesame Street characters on these compilations. I don't think the wright brothers story would interest children.

I think it is weird that Six String Orchestra was included in Childrens Songs And Stories With The Muppets, as I don't think of it as a childrens song (though it isn't innapropiate for children). I do think that Theres A New Sound would have been a better choice.

P

Philip Kippel

minor muppetz said:
Are there enough jazz songs from The Muppet Show that were not on any of the compilations to fill a jazz music-themed video?

Anyway, here is what i would do if I were in chareg of a second Rock Muic With The Muppets video:
Crocodile Rock (with Elton John)
Ain't Misbehavin'
Close To You (with Connie Stevens)
Baby Driver
Dance
Groovy people (with Lou Rawls)
I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends
Last Time I Saw Him (with Diana Ross)
Surfing USA
Someone Just Like You (with Raquel Welch)
Sweet Tooth Jam
I'm Looking Through You
Whenever I call You Friend (with Mellissa Manchester)
Teenager In Love (with Connie Stevens)
Temderly
Last Dance (with Leslie Ann Warren)
Don't Go Breaking My Heart (with Elton John)

I also think that Pure Imagination should have been in Childrens Songs And Stories.
"I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends" was included on Muppet Treasures.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that is odd is that The Wishing Song was included in Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff. I don't find anything weird about that scene. It would have been more appropiate to have included a Pigs In Space segment, Veterinarians Hospital, Muppet Sports, the swedish Chef, a house sketch, a vendaface skit, the closing number from the Avery Schriver episode, Trudge trudge Streaka Streaka, kermits interview with the koozebanian spooble, or Somethings Missing.

The Wishing Song could have been included in Childrens Songs And Stories With The Muppets or one of the videos that don't have any specific themes.

G-MAN

Reaction score
Well, The Wishing Song was sung by Gonzo, so I suppose it was included because Gonzo was hosting it.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
For the guest stars I noticed that you didn't mention any specific songs or acts with them. Were you thinking any song with them? Because I never really thought of Diana Ross' "reach out and touch" number as a rock and roll song.
I was thinking "Love Hangover".

As for the others, I think any of Elton's #s would've worked, tho his opening & closing #s probably would work best in a compilation video. Similarly Lou Rawls' opening # is probably his best song in the episode (tho it's a toss-up with "Bye Bye Blackbird"; his closing number is IMO his weakest in the episode). Either Gladys Knight's opening or closing # would've worked.

As for listing "He's The Greatest dancer" in a miscelleneous category, I think that could go in muppet revue/ treasures/ moments. Personally, I think Danny Kayes number with Miss Piggy could have been in The Kermit and Miss Piggy Story, while Inchworm could have been in Childrens Songs and Stories with the Muppets (But I already know that the version with Charles Aznavour was already included in that one).
Kaye's # with Piggy was kinda what I was thinking too, seeing as it'd be hard to explain Danny playing the Swedish Chef's uncle without breaking the illusion.

Out of the Electric Mayhem numbers you mentioned, I noticed that you didn't mention Money or Poision Ivy. Were these included in other compilations? Is Poision Ivy even a rock song?
I just forgot them. Haven't watched a lot of TMS lately (since I got the FR set) and I have a cold right now, so my head is filled with more fluid than thought.

Some additions:

"Comedy Tonight" from the Joel Grey episode should've gone in something, as well as the Sherlock Holmes sketch (although it is a bit scary).

Rita Moreno's opening # would've been a welcome addition to any compilation package. That's why she won the Emmy right there.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I'm gonna try and do this:

"Rock Classics with the Muppets"

1) "Money" (open right on it before going to the continuity)
-continuity
2) "Crocodile Rock" (Elton John)
-continuity
3) "Tenderly"
-continuity
4) "Don't Mean a Thing (Ain't Got That Swing)" (Cleo Laine)
-continuity
5) "Ain't Misbehavin'"
-continuity
6) "Love Hangover" (Diana Ross)
-continuity
7) "Dance"
8) Animal drum solo (from the Zero Mostel ep.)
-continuity
9) "St. Louis Blues" (Dizzy Gillespie)
10) "Fifty Ways to Leave your Lover"
-continuity
11) "Teenager in Love" (Connie Stevens)
-continuity
12) "Doo Wah Diddy Diddy"
13) "Love Ya to Death"
-continuity
14) "Macho Man"
-continuity
15) "A Nice Girl Like Me" (Sandy Duncan)
16) "Chopin's Polonaise in A Flat"
17) "She Loves You"
-continuity
18) "Groovy People" (Lou Rawls)
19) "Lazybones"
20) "Surfin' U.S.A."
21) "I'm Looking Through You"
22) "Lady Be Good"
-continuity
23) "Friendship Train" (Gladys Knight)
24) "Searchin'"
25) "Last Time I Saw Him" (Diana Ross)
26) "Mack the Knife"
27) "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" (Elton John)

I had planned on "Sunny" and "Minuet in G Major", but I couldn't find where to put the former and the Chopin Polonaise was enough to do without the latter.

I almost put in "Blackbird", but IMO that was one of Jerry's weakest vocal performances- I have a gut feeling that he may have had a cold or allergies when he recorded it, he sounded kinda wheezy.

LMK what you think.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I haven't seen all the compalation tapes (and the ones I did I haven't seen in years) so forgive me if any of these are wrong.

"The Comedian's a Bear!"
"To Morrow"
"Tenderly"
Pigs in Space: "The meaning and purpose of life"
Disscussion Pannel: "Man's role in the Universe"
"Jamboree"
Kermit and the mecanical host's mirror bit

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Kaye's # with Piggy was kinda what I was thinking too, seeing as it'd be hard to explain Danny playing the Swedish Chef's uncle without breaking the illusion.
Yeah, I didn't think about the sketch where Danny Kaye played the chefs uncle, but for that reason I don't think any of the news sketches where the newsman interviewed the guest stars (who played different characters) would have worked. Same with half of the conversation panels.

Gorgon Heap said:
"Comedy Tonight" from the Joel Grey episode should've gone in something, as well as the Sherlock Holmes sketch (although it is a bit scary).
If it weren't for the murder theme, the Sherlock Holems sketch could have been in Childrens Songs and Stories with the Muppets.

KCJ506

Reaction score
The Muppet Revue:

Any of the Vet Hospital Sketches
Any of the Muppet Sports

The Kermit & Piggy Story:

Danny Kaye & Piggy: "Cheek To Cheek"
Debbie Harry & Kermit: "Rainbow Connection"
Any scenes between Christopher Reeve & Piggy
The trapeze act with Kermit hurting his flipper, followed by the Vet's Hospital sketch with him as the patient
Kermit & Piggy: "It's Magic"
Piggy: "Trees"
Piggy & Pigs: "She Wants To Sing In Opera"
Rudolf Nurvevy(sp?) & Piggy: "Baby It's Cold Outside"

Children's Song's And Stories:

Arabian Knights
Robin Hood

Rock Music:

Link & Gonzo "Macho Man"
The Electric Mayhem: "Atom Bomb"
Dr. Teeth: "Money"
Feather Creature: "Dance"
Elton John: "Crocodile Rock and Don't Go Breaking My Heart"
Lola Folana: "She's The Greatest Dancer"
Gladys Knight: "Heard It Through The Grapevine"
Diana Ross: "Love Hangover and Last Time I Saw Him"
Lou Rawls: "Groovy People"
Geri & The Atrics: "Do Wah Diddy"

Muppet Treasures:

Any of the Muppets Labs and Muppet Sports sketches

Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff:

Gonzo trying to defuse a bomb
Gonzo riding a motorized pogo stick
Gonzo: "Jamboree"
Doug Henning slicing up the monster and putting back together in a different order
Beaker, Swedish Chef & Animal: "Danny Boy"
Avery Scheriber & Sweetums duel
Any of the Mummenchanz acts
Pigs In Space: Toaster Wires used to fix the control panel

Country Music:

Jim Nabors: "Thank God I'm Country Boy"
Arlo Guthrie: "Get Along Little Doggies"
Bernadette Peters: "Apple Jack"
Twiggy: "Aint Nobody Business But My Own"
Lubbock Lou and Jug Huggers: "Barneo Bay"
Jim, Frank, & Jerry: "To Morrow"

Fozzie's Muppet Scrapbook:

Fozzie's magic act
Fozzie's mime act
Fozzie's attempt to saw Otto the robot in half
Fozzie's memory act
Jean Stapleton & Fozzie: "Play A Simple Melody"

Rowlf's Rhapsodies:

Rowlf & Fozzie: "I Got Rhythm"
Rowlf & Fozzie: "An Actor's Life For Me"
Victor Borge & Rowlf: "Lizst's Hungarian Rhapsody #2"
Rowlf: "I Never Harmed An Onion"

Muppet Moments:

Any of the Bear On Patrol Sketches

Various:

Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Link, Lew Zealand & Rizzo: "Another Opening, Another Show"

Lynda Carter: "Rubber Band Man"