Episode themes you would have liked to have seen

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I know Fraggle Rock is long gone now, and there's nothing we can do about the past. But there are certain storylines I wish they would have used over the years, and if the show was picked up for another season or 2, they definetley could have. Anyways what are some types of episodes you would have liked to have seen. Here's my list

I would have liked to have seen an episode that focused on Gobo, Boober, and Uncle Traveling Matt. I know Dave Goelz performed both Matt and Boober. But he could have done some dubbing. Gobo could be sick of Boober always being afraid of everything, and Matt could tell him the reasons why Boober is afraid, and that Boober could make a good explorer if he overcame is fears. Gobo could say something like "Boober?, and explorer?? Ha!" Uncle Matt and Gobo could set up a plan to bring Boober along on one of their trips, when Boober is faced with a scary dilema, and ends up saving his, Gobo, and Matt's lives.

I also would have liked to see Uncle Matt in the Gorg's Garden. I know in the flashback episode Born to Wander, we saw the young Uncle Matt there, but Im talking about the Uncle Matt wer'e familiar with. It would have been cool if Junior put him in a cage or something, and the other Fraggles had to come to his rescue.

Last but not least an episode where Gobo's parents come for a visit. They could mention that they live on another part of the Rock. Heck, I'm sure there are lots of parts to Fraggle Rock. They could be unhappy with the fact that he's an explorer like his "crazy" Uncle. And his father would be upset because what he really wanted was for Gobo to be a juggler, like him. :smirk:

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
maybe a death or drug episode
I always figured they already addressed both these issues. Death in Gone but Not Forgotten. And Drugs in Doozer is as Doozer does.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I would've liked to see Cotterpin Doozer visit the Trash Heap.

Would it have been a bad idea to have 'romantic' themed episodes? I thought of one where Mokey reaches out to a semi-outcast Fraggle, who in turn becomes hopelessly smitten with her (to her dismay). She wants to tell him she doesn't feel the same way but can't bring herself to hurt his feelings, which leads the male Fraggle on and allows him to get more and more carried away, to the point where Mokey's pent-up feelings boil over (think Lisa Simpson and Ralph Wiggum). The theme being that one should be honest upfront with people and not lead them on, intentionally or unintentionally, because their feelings will be less hurt if they're rebuffed at the start than if those feelings are allowed to settle and grow.

Maybe a 'parenting' episode, where Mokey starts thinking about mating and having children, but when she actually has to take care of a Fraggle friend's rambunctious baby, she has second thoughts and realizes that parenting is a tough task.

I thought about a follow-up to "A Cave of One's Own", in which Red & Mokey try to figure out how to store things in their cave, and turn to Cotterpin Doozer, who helps them but must keep the partnership a secret. The Architect Doozer finds out and keeps her secret at first, but he grows more and more frustrated and is all but about to dismiss her. Then of course Red & Mokey would help the Architect out of some dire situation.

I thought of an episode underscoring the theme of how you can't force people to like you or be your friends, in which Wembley tries to befriend a Solitary Borthrat, impossible to be sure. In the end, the Borthrat tells Wembley that while he prefers solitude, as is his nature, if he were going to have a friend, it'd be Wembley.

Those are about the only themes/ideas I've got.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
I would've liked to see Cotterpin Doozer visit the Trash Heap.

Would it have been a bad idea to have 'romantic' themed episodes? I thought of one where Mokey reaches out to a semi-outcast Fraggle, who in turn becomes hopelessly smitten with her (to her dismay). She wants to tell him she doesn't feel the same way but can't bring herself to hurt his feelings, which leads the male Fraggle on and allows him to get more and more carried away, to the point where Mokey's pent-up feelings boil over (think Lisa Simpson and Ralph Wiggum). The theme being that one should be honest upfront with people and not lead them on, intentionally or unintentionally, because their feelings will be less hurt if they're rebuffed at the start than if those feelings are allowed to settle and grow.

Maybe a 'parenting' episode, where Mokey starts thinking about mating and having children, but when she actually has to take care of a Fraggle friend's rambunctious baby, she has second thoughts and realizes that parenting is a tough task.

I thought about a follow-up to "A Cave of One's Own", in which Red & Mokey try to figure out how to store things in their cave, and turn to Cotterpin Doozer, who helps them but must keep the partnership a secret. The Architect Doozer finds out and keeps her secret at first, but he grows more and more frustrated and is all but about to dismiss her. Then of course Red & Mokey would help the Architect out of some dire situation.

I thought of an episode underscoring the theme of how you can't force people to like you or be your friends, in which Wembley tries to befriend a Solitary Borthrat, impossible to be sure. In the end, the Borthrat tells Wembley that while he prefers solitude, as is his nature, if he were going to have a friend, it'd be Wembley.

Those are about the only themes/ideas I've got.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
I don't like the first one, but the second 2 were pretty cool ideas.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I know Fraggle Rock is long gone now, and there's nothing we can do about the past. But there are certain storylines I wish they would have used over the years, and if the show was picked up for another season or 2, they definetley could have. Anyways what are some types of episodes you would have liked to have seen. Here's my list

I would have liked to have seen an episode that focused on Gobo, Boober, and Uncle Traveling Matt. I know Dave Goelz performed both Matt and Boober. But he could have done some dubbing. Gobo could be sick of Boober always being afraid of everything, and Matt could tell him the reasons why Boober is afraid, and that Boober could make a good explorer if he overcame is fears. Gobo could say something like "Boober? and explorer? Ha!" Uncle Matt and Gobo could set up a plan to bring Boober along on one of their trips, when Boober is faced with a scary dilema, and ends up saving his, Gobo, and Matt's lives.

I also would have liked to see Uncle Matt in the Gorg's Garden. I know in the flashback episode Born to Wander, we saw the young Uncle Matt there, but Im talking about the Uncle Matt wer'e familiar with. It would have been cool if Junior put him in a cage or something, and the other Fraggles had to come to his rescue.

Last but not least an episode where Gobo's parents come for a visit. They could mention that they live on another part of the Rock. Heck, I'm sure there are lots of parts to Fraggle Rock. They could be unhappy with the fact that he's an explorer like his "crazy" Uncle. And his father would be upset because what he really wanted was for Gobo to be a juggler, like him. :smirk:
O.K. I have some thoughts about your ideas.
The one with boober being brave and everything I really do like it but It might inposible to do that plus Dave Gloez did Boober and Sidbottom in the show.
Well I can't inmagan Traveling Matt in a gorg cage.
Although I don't like the Goobo withe his parents one plus most people beleeve that Gobo's parents had died in a cave in and I do too.
I'm sorry I'm really sorry.

Collgoff

Reaction score

Well I do like the Mokey taking care of a baby fraggle idea.

Although I think Wembley making a friend with a weird look creature.
But what's a Solitary borthrat?

TSSD

Reaction score
O.K. I have some thoughts about your ideas.
The one with boober being brave and everything I really do like it but It might inposible to do that plus Dave Gloez did Boober and Sidbottom in the show.

So? Why does it matter? Frank Oz did both Piggy and Fozzie and they were in scenes together. Same with Jim Henson performing Kermit and Rowlf. They could just dub the lines to another performer's puppeteering.

Although I don't like the Goobo withe his parents one plus most people beleeve that Gobo's parents had died in a cave in and I do too.
I'm sorry I'm really sorry.
I've never heard of that before. Why do people think that?

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'd like to have seen an episode in which the Fraggles actually do something that benefits the Gorgs. From a Gorg point of view, Fraggles are vermin who swipe food from their garden. Wouldn't it be nice if they could give something back for once? Not in terms of payment, but helping someone out, maybe even saving the day, in a way that a) only Fraggles can do and b) that doesn't directly benefit Fraggles.

(The good thing about being a fanfic writer is that when you have ideas like this, you can at least write the stories yourself...)