Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

D

Dil

I've seen the #20 Stamp Sketch, and I wanna see it again, since I haven't seen it for a long time, and let me be more specific:

#1-12

1. A fish that cooks
2. A girl looking down
3. An arm holding a bag
4. A Dinosaur bone
5. A kids with a cup
6. A woman going fishing
7. A hand with a pen
8. A dog as an artist
9. A jogger
10. A woman covering her ears
11. A clown with a light jaw
12. A cat with clothes on and eyes closed.

Soul H

Reaction score
Apparently my haunt-wish came true. I requested on a different thread to see Ol' Smokey sing "U really Got A Hold On Me".

Soul H

Reaction score
Well I'll be dipped!

I just now saw Ol Smokey sing "U Really Got A Hold On Me". Apparently, it's not as scary as I always thunk it was. Who knew lightning would strike twice?

D

Dil

You know....

I'm looking foward for seeing the counting sketch which the very last frame was seen in the very begining frame of the YouTube Clip of Danger's No Stranger. sawing14s who had putten the Danger's No Stranger Clip on YouTube, should handle this for my request.

Ziffel

Reaction score
It was nice to see one of my favorite animated segments recently: the customer buying apples from the grocer and continually changing his mind as to how many. In the thread "Your favorite cartoons on Sesame Street", Sesame Mike brought this one up in early 2005 and I replied to it. Here's what we said:

SesameMike said:
In another grocer scene, a man asks for 4 apples. But the man keeps changing his mind for various reasons (e.g., so-and-so has false teeth and can't eat apples, the kids will be asleep when I get home), so the grocer keeps taking apples off and putting it back on the scale and tries to figure out how many are there. After a lot of going back and forth, when there's one apple left on the scale, the frustrated grocer sticks it in the man's open mouth and says "Here, have an apple, it's a present from me."
Ziffel said:
This one is one of my all time fave SS cartoons. Loved the increasing frustration of that grocer! When the customer said, "Uh what am I thinking" the grocer hilariously in a defeated way says, " I don't know." Then the customer says "She has false teeth; she couldn't very well eat an apple could she" and laughs. And the grocer laughs too but sarcastically of course!
And the expression on the grocer's face near the end where he's sweating profusely and looks like he's about to wig out is hysterical. And I still love best of all that final line of the customer, "On second thought..." when he already had numerous other thoughts.

Also recently added was the third 1973 Ernie and Bert movie theater sketch, this one with the lady's tall hat. One user left a comment saying why didn't she just lay her hat on the floor! And I always wondered why Bert didn't just move to another seat (was literally every seat in the theater occupied?). And still another obvious solution would have been for Bert to use his own advice he gave to Ernie: Just ask the lady nicely to please move her hat so he can see!

And from "The Electric Company" it's nice to see the song with Morgan Freeman, "Everyone has a pain" uploaded. This skit is on the first TEC dvd set, but it's nice to have on youtube too now because I enjoy hearing the song and this way I don't have to put on my TEC dvd every time I want to hear it.

It's great the collection of classic SS clips that are on youtube now and keep coming in. I'm hoping to sometime see Little Jerry and the Monotones and their "Sad" and "Surprise" songs. And Skip Hinnant's "There once was a hand". Also Ernie and Bert and Herry fighting over the same chair. And Joe Raposo in the man looking for a 20 (that's a 2 and a zero TOGETHER). And the "up up and away in my beautiful balloon" one. And Lefty trying to sell Ernie an empty box. Those are a few that come to mind the most.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Remember that rant of feear I had that these would have eventually been taken off the site? I'm glad to say it looks like this hasn't been affected too much. I had no sound, but I flipped around the other day and saw some pretty cool stuff. Like that number counting cartoon that had Cookie Monster animated into the segment.

Reaction score
Looks like new clips are being added all the time. A few more I wouldn't mind seeing:

Maria and Luis' "Hola" song
The song "Let's go riding in an automobile"
Rebel L
The Love Boat parody

And does anyone remember this sketch? I'm 75% sure its from SS. It involves an ant or a flea, and at one point the bug is running around the room singing, "run-run-run-run..."

zns

Reaction score
I would so love to see the song "You Say Hola" with Maria and Luis if anybody such as Sawing14 has it. I haven't seen that clip for some time. I'd also like to see "Frogs in the Glen" and "I Wonder 'Bout The World Up there" with Kermit, and "Everybody's Song" with Bip Bipodotta and the Androoz Sisters.