Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Look what just happened to 500Bennu

500Bennu got suspended! And I think it was Lionsgate that claimed his/her Sesame Street clips. Boy that makes me mad! And they don't even own Sesame Street. :mad::eek::boo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That really gets me (though I don't think I've actually seen his videos). Lionsgate thinks they own full clips because small portions of them have been released with 2 DVD's that actually have small bits of Sesame Street clips in them that were in TV specials owned by Henson. It really ISN'T their stuff, and they really have no real claim unless they post the entire versions of these specials online.

Secondly, they have the options to put a "contains content from" disclaimer (two of my videos have them and I'm grateful for it) or even the (ugh) option to block the video. To bypass it and suspend them is LOW. This is what I really hate. Someone puts up full movies and TV shows that are still on the air on TV and it winds up getting people who put rare stuff that no one has access to suspended, losing their footage forever. Clips, not full episodes, should be ENDORSED by these companies. It's free advertising. No. It's advertising they get PAID for once they get the ads in there.

I'm glad Lionsgate is releasing all these Henson owned products from the past (since that's about ALL we have right now), but if it comes down to this, I'm not happy with the results. Letting clips go doesn't make it so I don't want to buy your products... but not letting clips you fully and completely own makes me want to buy those things LESS. SW had a sense of humor about their stuff being put up there. But these third and fourth companies that claim ownership for stuff they don't fully own is irritating. First Viacrap and now this.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
That really gets me (though I don't think I've actually seen his videos). Lionsgate thinks they own full clips because small portions of them have been released with 2 DVD's that actually have small bits of Sesame Street clips in them that were in TV specials owned by Henson. It really ISN'T their stuff, and they really have no real claim unless they post the entire versions of these specials online.

Secondly, they have the options to put a "contains content from" disclaimer (two of my videos have them and I'm grateful for it) or even the (ugh) option to block the video. To bypass it and suspend them is LOW. This is what I really hate. Someone puts up full movies and TV shows that are still on the air on TV and it winds up getting people who put rare stuff that no one has access to suspended, losing their footage forever. Clips, not full episodes, should be ENDORSED by these companies. It's free advertising. No. It's advertising they get PAID for once they get the ads in there.

I'm glad Lionsgate is releasing all these Henson owned products from the past (since that's about ALL we have right now), but if it comes down to this, I'm not happy with the results. Letting clips go doesn't make it so I don't want to buy your products... but not letting clips you fully and completely own makes me want to buy those things LESS. SW had a sense of humor about their stuff being put up there. But these third and fourth companies that claim ownership for stuff they don't fully own is irritating. First Viacrap and now this.
Yeah, But they cannot claim Sesame Street skits. Those are owned by Children's Television Workshop (CTW). I hope the official Sesame Street account does not get suspended on Youtube.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, But they cannot claim Sesame Street skits. Those are owned by Children's Television Workshop (CTW). I hope the official Sesame Street account does not get suspended on Youtube.
Why would they? They wouldn't be a partner channel if they didn't own what they post. Ir order to be the kind of channel they are, they must have no copyright material in their videos that doesn't belong to them. They own all the stuff they post. So, they're not going to get a copyright claim for something they own, especially if one is made by someone they're partnered with.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why would they? They wouldn't be a partner channel if they didn't own what they post. Ir order to be the kind of channel they are, they must have no copyright material in their videos that doesn't belong to them. They own all the stuff they post. So, they're not going to get a copyright claim for something they own, especially if one is made by someone they're partnered with.
Didn't EMI Pubshishing Insanely Small Part OF the World block Disney's official Bohemian Rhapsody Muppet video at one point? It's not going to happen here, SW would contest it for sure... but I really would love to see all these companies stomping on each other's foots until they get their rights worked out perfectly, and learn to just sponsor fan videos and most uploads of long forgotten series and movies so they don't have to.

That said, unless he purposely put up full specials that LG actually has the rights to, they have no right claiming copyright for something that's a 2 second clip in a special.