How is Jerry Nelson doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Jerry... you are such an incredible man. I'm sorry I didn't get a question in for you this time around, but I'm just so thrilled that you grace our little site with your incredible talent and voice. Thank you so much for being her for us fans! You're awesome, Mister Nelson, and I can never thank you enough for gracing my childhood and my entire life with your talent, sir.

beaker

Reaction score
I guess my all time favorite was a puppet made by Caroly Wilcox for "Saturday Night Live" whose name was Scred, or Skred as they say in the Land Of Gorch. Scred was the most responsive, expressive puppet I ever had a hand in doing, so to speak. :crazy:
Ooh, I like that answer! Skred not only stood out as one of the strangest of all the Muppets, but also one who seemed gentle and touching at times. I always wished he would make a random cameo someday, as much as Im sure the original puppet deteriorated ages ago.

Also I'll never forget how they wheeled you out like a madman at Muppetfest 2001, so classic. Thanks so much for being a part of the fan community(I remember the old 1998 Muppet Central chats where you'd pop on!) and we can't wait to see you back in some sort of capacity.

OH! One more thing, Happy Birthday!(Just realized Im a couple days late)

skogs34

Reaction score
Thanks Jerry. I appreciate your advice. As long as I still have my one character, Morris Monster, I will keep working with him and see where he takes me.
ZNS & MM,

Something else, I forgot to mention, The I Ching - Chinese Book of Changes also gave me some insight and mental focus. You might check that out while you are doing all the other things I advised one to do in the study of puppetry.
JN

skogs34

Reaction score
Ooh, I like that answer! Skred not only stood out as one of the strangest of all the Muppets, but also one who seemed gentle and touching at times. I always wished he would make a random cameo someday, as much as Im sure the original puppet deteriorated ages ago.

Also I'll never forget how they wheeled you out like a madman at Muppetfest 2001, so classic. Thanks so much for being a part of the fan community(I remember the old 1998 Muppet Central chats where you'd pop on!) and we can't wait to see you back in some sort of capacity.

OH! One more thing, Happy Birthday!(Just realized Im a couple days late)
By this; "seemed gentle and touching at times", I guess you are referring to the piece Scred did with Lily Tomlyn on SNL.
Anyone that hasn't seen that piece can view it on you tube. It was one of my favorites of everything I did on that show.
JN

skogs34

Reaction score
Jerry... you are such an incredible man. I'm sorry I didn't get a question in for you this time around, but I'm just so thrilled that you grace our little site with your incredible talent and voice. Thank you so much for being her for us fans! You're awesome, Mister Nelson, and I can never thank you enough for gracing my childhood and my entire life with your talent, sir.

Thank you Prawncracker for sharing your feelings with me. It is paramount in a world with such negative things going on to try to counteract that with positive energy. Like pebbles dropped into a pond, the actions you create in the world spread out in ever widening circles and the more people you touch with good energy , the more people they affect with the energy you started, until hopefully it is greater, or at least equal to, the negative.
I assume you meant here rather than her, unless you were referring to the loud Rapunzel I did on Sesame Street or Madam Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock;>D :batty:

zns

Reaction score
ZNS & MM,

Something else, I forgot to mention, The I Ching - Chinese Book of Changes also gave me some insight and mental focus. You might check that out while you are doing all the other things I advised one to do in the study of puppetry.
JN
I'll remember that! Thanks again Jerry. As long as I have this sort of guidance, I will continue to work on my puppetry as much as I can.

skogs34

Reaction score
I'll remember that! Thanks again Jerry. As long as I have this sort of guidance, I will continue to work on my puppetry as much as I can.
If you want to be a puppeteer no matter what, you may be able to be a successful puppeteer. A puppeteer is someone who animates inanimate objects. How convincing you are in this would probably determine your success in this endeavor. If you depend on anything other than your drive and desire to achieve your goal, I wouldn't count on success.

A young person searching in life for a teacher, went to a master and knocked on the gate. When given an audience with the master he asked, "How long will it take me to become proficient in my craft?" The master replied, "five years."
The apprentice responded, "No, I mean if I really worked hard and studied night and day, how long would it take?"
"Oh", the master replied, "in that case, it would only take ten years."

Whatever you do in life, it should be something you are willing to dedicate your life to. If it takes ten or even twenty years, that shouldn't matter. What matters is, it is THE ONLY THING you want to do. It is the driving force of your life. You must love it, because if you don't, you are not doing the right thing. Don't dedicate your life to something you don't love as much as life itself.

Obviously, one has to make ends meet, so you do other things that enable you to continue on your path. Jobs that keep body and soul together and pay the bills. Even so, stay focussed on where it is you want to go and what it is you want to do. As someone very wise once said, "Keep your eyes upon the road and your hands upon the wheel."

ZNS, I wish you well,

JLN

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Thank you Prawncracker for sharing your feelings with me. It is paramount in a world with such negative things going on to try to counteract that with positive energy. Like pebbles dropped into a pond, the actions you create in the world spread out in ever widening circles and the more people you touch with good energy , the more people they affect with the energy you started, until hopefully it is greater, or at least equal to, the negative.
I assume you meant here rather than her, unless you were referring to the loud Rapunzel I did on Sesame Street or Madam Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock;>D :batty:
*trying not to fan-boy freak out* :sing: Thank you, Jerry! It's always SO amazing to hear from you--and your wisdom truly knows no bounds! You even caught my embarrassing typo. Look at me? Posting to one of my icons and I forget an E. I'll blame Lefty the Salesman. *shifty eyes*

Thanks again, Jerry! Oh! Also just HAVE to thank you for signing a picture I sent of you and your characters. It meant the world to me and is now hanging proudly on my wall next to the signed picture of The Count, and a picture Frank Oz was kind enough to sign.

Take care, Mr. Nelson! All the best!
Ryan Dosier
theprawncracker

Nick22

Reaction score
So the actual Jerry Nelson has been posting in this thread? *gasp*

Mr. Nelson, I think you're AMAZING. You're definitely one of my favorite puppeteers and one of my all time favorite performers. I hope, when I'm older, that i can be a puppeteer. i rully hope to work with the Muppets, if they're still around. Floyd Pepper is one of my absolute favorite characters from the Muppet Show. I think that you're truely an inspriation, at least to me you are, and one day, i would rully hope to meet you. I sent you a letter to the Sesame Workshop, but I'm not sure if you've received it yet. Also, happy birthday, even though I'm late. I just wanna thank you for lending your amazing voice and your skill to the Muppets, and sharing it with everyone. I wish you all the best!

--Nick T.

beaker

Reaction score
By this; "seemed gentle and touching at times", I guess you are referring to the piece Scred did with Lily Tomlyn on SNL.
Anyone that hasn't seen that piece can view it on you tube. It was one of my favorites of everything I did on that show.
JN
That be the skit! (Tho I also love bee costume Scred) The Scred/Tomlin duet is one of my favorite song pieces from the 70's Muppets era.

I also wanted to say how great its been to see you whenever possible over the last few years continue to perform The Count.
To this day I still see Count plushes at the mall, as well as (for better or worse) Count references in television pop culture and other media.

Its also striking reading your words of wisdom and beautiful thoughts on this thread. I think we'd all agree that as great as the Muppet performer books have been, you would be able to put out the most enthralling and thought provoking Muppeteer book of widom/memoirs/etc of them all. (even a short novella sized tome or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.