My Report: Disney World & The Muppets - PLEASE READ!

Yoda Man

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I still hafta' scan the one I got, but one was of Kermit (that's the one I got) one of Fozzie and I think one of Piggy, all with the MV3D logo underneath. In all honesty though, my memory's a little hazy of the other two coin presses.

The coin press machines could be found EVERYWHERE in Disney, but the Muppets one was the only one of it's kind that existed in the MV3D store.
Yep, there's a Kermit, Fozzie, and Piggy. I have all of them... would you like me to take pics?

Brinatello

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
But the most devastating is the removal of the painting of Jim and Kermit from the Hall of Fame garden in MGM. A small plaque noting Jim’s admittance to the Television Academy Hall of Fame is now there, but seeing that Jim had no bust displayed prior but rather that picture, I think that was a poor move on the park’s part.
Is this the painting?

http://www.eticomm.net/~kelta/images/henson.jpg

I know it's small, but I think that's what you're talking about. The rest of your report is awesome! I love that Kermit statue a lot, but $150? Eeek, I'll just have to stare at it longingly...

aaronmojo

Reaction score
Hey, I was just at MGM last week and wanted to note that all the animatronics in the Muppet Vision 3D show were working just like they're supposed to, Swedish Chef's cannon, penguins and everything. Disney is good at maintaining those things (unlike, say, Universal, which has had an armless Popeye on one of its rides for years). The most exciting and surprising part for me remains Sweetums running out -- in person! -- yelling and shining his flashlight around.

If you've never been, the Muppets really do have a presence in the park (giant statues of Kermit, the fountain [which was being refurbished while I was there], etc). The gift shop leaves a little to be desired, and most of the Muppet plush toys are not exactly what I'd consider top-of-the-line (and no puppets! Glad I got my Kermit years ago), but they do have some nice apparel (I got a nice hat) and of course the Kermit figure.

Surprisingly, we managed to spend a whole day at MGM Studios. We had a twelve-year-old with us who had never been so we did everything (and I was the guy that got soaked during the Backlot Tour Pre-Tour Show). Non-Muppet, I reccomend the Little Mermaid show -- there are actually some pretty cool puppets in there (especially the giant Ursula...thing!).

Pan in Scarlet

Reaction score
Your friendly neighborhood WDW Cast Member here.

Well I'm happy to report that Waldorf's mouth is operating again (much to Kermit's chagrin), and the cannon has returned. I think it was just a maintenance problem. I didn't see the penguin's mouth tho... I will check again.
And you have to understand, the people who work at the store/park are not experts. Their job is to sell the merchandise. What they know about it is probably whatever exposure they had, and if they're not fans, they probably don't bother to follow it. I knew more than the guy in the store.

One thing of note to mention: If you visit Disney World and go to Muppets 3D, there is a Magical Moment that will soon end with the year of a million dreams. As you walk through the line into the building and pass the turnstile, there is a security window that says "Be back in 5, the key is under the mat." Directly beneath that window is a mat, and if you lift it, a key. If a cast member sees you lift the mat, you may have a magical moment...

And Kermit and Miss Piggy do appear still. One of my friends is a friend of Miss Piggy, and I saw Kermit heading backstage and when I asked, they said he was just visiting for a bit and had to get back to the show. I didn't get to meet him, but I was excited. Hopefully with Studio DC: Almost Live, our two muppets will be visiting more often...

I have a few weeks left before I have to move and leave WDW, so if anyone wants pictures of anything, I will take them and post them. :3

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all the info and updates, Pan. This report is two years old, and when we went back down last November, everything was working perfectly. I have seen the key and did so under the watchful eye of a cast member, but I didn't get a "Magical Moment" other then the thrill of seeing it.

Tell me, is or has the Toy Story Pizza Planet area right next to MV3D been changed or something? I thought I had heard it was becoming like a Pixar ride or something.

Pan in Scarlet

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all the info and updates, Pan. This report is two years old, and when we went back down last November, everything was working perfectly. I have seen the key and did so under the watchful eye of a cast member, but I didn't get a "Magical Moment" other then the thrill of seeing it.

Tell me, is or has the Toy Story Pizza Planet area right next to MV3D been changed or something? I thought I had heard it was becoming like a Pixar ride or something.
Yeah, the problem with magical moments is that they are usually for little kids. -.- IT's hard for anyone over 12 to get one.
There is a new ride called Toy Story Mania but it's in a different area, a new spot that's been referred to by Cast Members as Pixar Place (not the official name). Pizza Planet is still by M3D, but they are tearing out Al's Toy Barn as we speak.

aVeryBriefCameo

Reaction score
Pan, I am actually on my way to WDW on Sunday for the week, its my honeymoon. Glad to hear everything is up and running. And I am very excited to see all the Muppet attractions, can you recommend anything for my trip? We'll be there for the week and have access to all parks.

Pan in Scarlet

Reaction score
Pan, I am actually on my way to WDW on Sunday for the week, its my honeymoon. Glad to hear everything is up and running. And I am very excited to see all the Muppet attractions, can you recommend anything for my trip? We'll be there for the week and have access to all parks.
Congrats! Be sure to stop at the guest relations and get a 'just married' button. It may embarrass some couples, but just do it. Be polite to cast and you may get something in return or be featured on a ride (no promises tho)
Word of the wise: sunblock and a cheap rain poncho from Wal-Mart. It is common to downpour at least once a day for about an hour this time of year and be blazing hot the rest. Drink PLENTY of water (you can ask for complimentary cups of ice and water anywhere to avoid the semi-nasty-tasting fountains) Check and double check show times and ask about favorite character appearances (I can tell you where most of them might appear if you want)

Well, be sure to check out the area around the Muppet Theater there. the store has a lot of hidden jokes for the various muppet movies, so keep your eyes open. Otherwise, at Hollywood Studios: I love Lights, Camera, Motor Action! a car stunt show. check for show times as soon as you get there. Also be sure to make it to Toy Story Mania, the newest attraction (so get a fast past waaaaay early). Hollywood Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster are good for thrill ride lovers. Star Tours is classic, but skip the drew carey show. it's not worth it. ever.

At Magic Kingdom, there's tons to do and tons to see. Philarmagic is not to be missed, and be sure to catch BOTH parades, the fireworks, and the Dream Along With Mickey show. Other classic rides are there like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Space Mountain etc. choose at your discretion, and be sure to go meet Mickey and Minnie in toontown :3

At Animal Kingdom, be sure to see the Finding Nemo Musicial. It's cute and witty, albeit a little too fast-paced. But worth seeing once. First thing in the morning, enter and go to the far left at the back to the safari ride. The animals are awake earlier in the day (it's cooler). Everest is fun, and if you like thrill rides, when it starts to go backwards, look over your right shoulder and up: it feels like you're doing loops. Festival of the Lion King is good too. There's plenty of animals and nature walks too, as well as my favorite ride Dinosaur. But if you didn't like Jurassic Park, avoid it.

What does that leave? ...oh, Epcot. lots of fast rides in future world (at the front) like Mission to Mars, Mission: Earth, Soaring Over California, Test Track. The Living Seas is my favorite spot at Epcot, where you can see dolphin demonstrations, manitees, and other friends of the deep. Turtle Talk with Crush is always hilarious. Then there's the world showcase: good for shopping and dining (and the ever-famous 'drinking around the world').

any more questions, just ask :3 and have fun!