What guest stars would you have liked to seen?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Ann & Nancy Wilson! Their musical careers took off a year before TMS's premiere.

BJ

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
Season 2:
Vicki Lawrence (circa George Burns, Dom DeLuise)
Oo, I like this one. May I take on this idea for one of my outlines?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

unclematt

Reaction score
I just thought of two I would like to add.

Woody Harrelson
Chuck Woolrey

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Here are some I would have liked to have seen, especially in the 70's:
Village People (they'd fit right in)
KISS (good follow up to Alice Cooper)
Barry White (can't you just see him with The Electric Mayhem?)
James Taylor (great songwriter & singer who did SS)
Pam Grier (just because I've been in love with her for over 30 years!!)

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The late great Peter Cook would certainly have been welcome on TMS.

Cook was a groundbreaking British comedian, who, in the early 1960s, helped write and perform the successful stage revue Beyond the Fringe, along with Jonathan Miller, Alan Bennett, and Peter's soon-to-be partner in comedy, Dudley Moore. The show played in the West End, and eventually came to Broadway.

After the show, Cook and Moore created and starred in the popular television series Not Only...But Also.

The duo were regulars on several TV programs, and appeared in movies. Their most famous film was probably Bedazzled (1967). They also appeared in a bizarre adaptation of The Hound of the Baskervilles.

In 1973, Cook and Moore had a successful run on Broadway in Good Evening, another sketch revue show that incorporated new material as well as durable sketches from the past.

One of their most famous bits was "One Leg Too Few," in which Cook, as a casting agent, deals with a one-legged actor (Moore, with his left leg tied behind him) auditioning to be the next Tarzan. Cook tells him, "I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is, neither have you," and assures the "unidexter" that if a good, two-legged actor doesn't pass the audition within the next several months or so, there is a very good chance that Moore could be the first one-legged Tarzan.

Another sketch, "The Frog & Peach," has Moore interviewing the owner of a restaurant with a very limited menu, played by Cook.

This particular sketch might have worked as a season-one "round table" discussion between Kermit and Cook, who opened the restaurant on the premise "where can a young couple, who are having an evening out, not too much money, and they want to have a decent meal, a decent frog and a nice bit of peach, where can they go and get it?"

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
The guest I would have liked to see most on TMS is Frank Zappa. I realize a lot of his music was more of an adult nature, but I feel he would have fit in very nicely with The Electric Mayhem. He was also known for playing strange and experimental music early in his career, which would have worked well with the quirkiness of the show. Just my opinion. I would love to read some Frank Zappa Muppet fan fic.
Hey, I just quoted myself. Still trying to reactivate my old account. Creepy.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
The late great Peter Cook would certainly have been welcome on TMS.

Cook was a groundbreaking British comedian, who, in the early 1960s, helped write and perform the successful stage revue Beyond the Fringe, along with Jonathan Miller, Alan Bennett, and Peter's soon-to-be partner in comedy, Dudley Moore. The show played in the West End, and eventually came to Broadway.

After the show, Cook and Moore created and starred in the popular television series Not Only...But Also.

The duo were regulars on several TV programs, and appeared in movies. Their most famous film was probably Bedazzled (1967). They also appeared in a bizarre adaptation of The Hound of the Baskervilles.

In 1973, Cook and Moore had a successful run on Broadway in Good Evening, another sketch revue show that incorporated new material as well as durable sketches from the past.

One of their most famous bits was "One Leg Too Few," in which Cook, as a casting agent, deals with a one-legged actor (Moore, with his left leg tied behind him) auditioning to be the next Tarzan. Cook tells him, "I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is, neither have you," and assures the "unidexter" that if a good, two-legged actor doesn't pass the audition within the next several months or so, there is a very good chance that Moore could be the first one-legged Tarzan.

Another sketch, "The Frog & Peach," has Moore interviewing the owner of a restaurant with a very limited menu, played by Cook.

This particular sketch might have worked as a season-one "round table" discussion between Kermit and Cook, who opened the restaurant on the premise "where can a young couple, who are having an evening out, not too much money, and they want to have a decent meal, a decent frog and a nice bit of peach, where can they go and get it?"
I kid you not, I was thinking about a Peter Cook "Muppet Show" just the other day, probably because I watched part of their episode of SNL, in which not only is there a Muppet appearance (Scred with Gilda Radner) but they do those latter two sketches. Funny how the straight man is the one who always winds up with the better career- Dudley Moore vs. Peter Cook, Mike Myers vs. Dana Carvey, Tom Hanks vs. the other guy from "Bosom Buddies", to name a few.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The Cook/Moore episode of SNL is one of my all-time favorites. That one also has the classic "Lifer Follies" sketch, in which Cook plays a casting director auditioning prisoners in a maximum-security ward for a production of Gigi.