"Muppets Ahoy!" Stage Show on Disney Cruise Line?

Marky

Reaction score
joemuseum said:
I give up. You win.... now help get us out of Iraq, ok? It's not my job... :smile: :smile:
Sure! Z'long as you get us Canuks out of Afghanistan!

Waka waka!

:embarrassed:

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
It's just part of the contract. It may or may not be negotiable. It's just like at some regional theaters, the actors are asked to help with strike assignments. If you're getting paid, it shouldn't be all that painful to help a little more.
Exactly. Unless they're a real name, prima donnas can get off their tushy and throw some aglaecide in the kiddie pool!

BEAR

Reaction score
Well...if you are Equity, you don't do that stuff. It goes against union rules. And "real names" are usually Equity or part of one of the major unions.

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Well...if you are Equity, you don't do that stuff. It goes against union rules. And "real names" are usually Equity or part of one of the major unions.
Well, were not all Equity, are we?

:wink:

joemuseum

Reaction score
Marky said:
Sure! Z'long as you get us Canuks out of Afghanistan!

Waka waka!
Obviously, I didn't edit out the Iraq comment that fast enough... :smile: I have Iraq on my brain sometimes... :smile:

If I were an actor and fairly good at my job, and I was offered a job on a cruise ship where I had to clean the toilets or on a cruise ship were everything I was doing was at least hopefully sharpening my acting and people skills... ... well.. I guess I would choose a tour in Iraq... You win... :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
The good thing about being a performer on a cruise is that you get paid loads of money! So, if I had to do other odd jobs around the ship, I wouldn't complain about it.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Marky said:
Well, were not all Equity, are we?

:wink:
The majority (certainly in England) are. I don't know what it's like over your side of the pond, but I know very few, if any, puppeteers working in the media who aren't members. Even small one man companys touring schools are members because Equity's PLI is the cheapest and best on offer.

Marky

Reaction score
Punch'n'Judy said:
The majority (certainly in England) are. I don't know what it's like over your side of the pond, but I know very few, if any, puppeteers working in the media who aren't members. Even small one man companys touring schools are members because Equity's PLI is the cheapest and best on offer.

Well, if it's recorded, it's ACTRA in Canada. I know very, very few pro puppeteers who use EQUITY memberships.

rtgentry

Reaction score
anyone heard anything else on this or found any video?

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Well, if it's recorded, it's ACTRA in Canada. I know very, very few pro puppeteers who use EQUITY memberships.
Oh well, different on your side of the pond I guess. The main union over here is Equity. Hensons always issued Equity contracts to the Birtish performers when working overe here.