While we're pairing off Fraggles...

Hrodulf

Reaction score
. . . here's my two cents (probably worth only one cent in 1984 money) in favor of Mokey & Boober.

Mokey's probably the only one who could . . . deal with Boober's personality. And they would probably have the most emo kids in history. Which is comedy gold in and of itself.

Then if Red ends up with Gobo, Wembly's left out in the cold. We need some kind fanfic writer to dream up a cute, confused, indecisive fraggle for Wembly (I almost typed in 'female' also, but I didn't want to be homophobic).

Of course, these are all puppets from a tv show and they aren't going to pair off, but it's fun to pretend.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
There is a handful of us who have paired Wembley up with Lou Fraggle in a couple of Fraggle fics. I think that she had a little crush on him in one of the episodes, the specific one escapes me at the moment. But anyway, that's something at least.

Hrodulf

Reaction score
Who's "Lou Fraggle?"

I don't remember FR well enough to know who Lou Fraggle is; I only remember a few episodes from when I was 9 years old watching it on HBO. I remember a valley that made them all forget everything, and another one about this guy who was a singer, and Mokey wanted to hang out with him and sing with him too, but he said it was a bad idea, and then there was another one where Mokey and Red had a big fight, and then there was another one when Wembley got brainwashed by the Gorgs and . . . hm, something to do with Cotterpin, but I don't remember anything specific.

Cotterpin's great. "My name is Cotterpin, not 'little doozer.'" Lol!

I don't remember anything about a Lou Fraggle.

Also, slight off topic, but it strikes me that Gobo's voice sounds slightly Scandinavian. Was his voice actor Scandinavian? (I did a little bit of research and found out that Jerry Nelson was born in Oklahoma, which has a Scandinavian population, but that doesn't answer the question. . . )

(According to http://www.rook.org/surnames/nelson/nelson/nelsonhome.html the last name is consistent with Scandinavian ethnic heritage as well . . . still not certain, but the Magic 8Ball says that signs point to yes).

(8) . o O ( Signs Point to 'Yes' )

See?

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
Lou was pretty cool. Shame that she wasn't in more episodes and she seemed to me like a great match for Wembley. She had her own mind and was decisive but not over-bearingly so. She encouraged Wembley to think for himself instead of going along with what everyone said.

BEAR

Reaction score
Hrodulf said:
Also, slight off topic, but it strikes me that Gobo's voice sounds slightly Scandinavian. Was his voice actor Scandinavian? (I did a little bit of research and found out that Jerry Nelson was born in Oklahoma, which has a Scandinavian population, but that doesn't answer the question. . . )

(According to http://www.rook.org/surnames/nelson/nelson/nelsonhome.html the last name is consistent with Scandinavian ethnic heritage as well . . . still not certain, but the Magic 8Ball says that signs point to yes).

(8) . o O ( Signs Point to 'Yes' )

See?

Jerry Nelson could very well be of Scandinavian descent, but I don't think that has anything to do with the voice. Jerry Nelson has done several voices and dialects for his characters which include Floyd, Count Von Count and Pops the doorman. The reason for the accent is probably because Gobo Fraggle is Canadian.

Foodie

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Jerry Nelson could very well be of Scandinavian descent, but I don't think that has anything to do with the voice. Jerry Nelson has done several voices and dialects for his characters which include Floyd, Count Von Count and Pops the doorman. The reason for the accent is probably because Gobo Fraggle is Canadian.

Actually, I've read that Gobo is supposed to sound Canadian, hence all of the " ehs ". :smirk:

BEAR

Reaction score
Foodie said:
Actually, I've read that Gobo is supposed to sound Canadian, hence all of the " ehs ". :smirk:

Yeah, I just said that.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Gobo is definately supposed to be Canadian. Trust me. :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
The Trash Heap, however, is a little more difficult to place, probably Eastern Europe by way of the Bronx. But Philo and Gunge are definitely both from New York or north Jersey.