Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
These are the only ones I took right now since it's dark and there's poor lighting in here. Since it snowed all week, I'll try to take him outside later today and get some good wintery pictures. Anyway, for those who are still on the fence and think he looks good in some pictures, yet bad in others, it all depends on the lighting and if the person uses a flash. Check it out-

No flash:

http://flickr.com/photos/lol69/3120581404/

Flash:

http://flickr.com/photos/lol69/3119753871/

The flash tends to bring out stupidly small details like each fiber on him and everything. I remember this from when I collected Star Wars busts and maquettes- the flash (up close anyway) made things look pretty lousy. He looks absolutely perfect in-person. I'm glad I got him for $125 but he's easily worth three times that.
Well welcome neighbor! Salem, Oregon here! :wink:

Carnby

Reaction score
Hah, cool. Any board I post on, there's always ONE other Oregonian- never another. 'cool to see I met that person so fast.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I feell I should warn you new Kermit owners to watch out for the seam on the top of his head. too much posing, or in my case squishing his head up to a point trying to replicate the look of a muppeteers hand, will make the fibers start to spread. Almost leaving a split in his head. (Hence my search for a new frog. to leave MIB)

Kevin

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I was pleasantly suprised to see Kermit by the Christmas tree when I got up this morning, my mother was successful in obtaining him through E-Bay...he's so COOL!

The collar is kinda low, which suprised me (I didn't really look at the pics of the replica in the review for it here on the site because it would be all too tempting to buy him...don't have to worry about that anymore :smile:), and his neck seems kinda short and squished (which I think may be the result of posing done by the previous owner, don't know) and I'm tempted to try and attempt to stretch it to a more normal look but am afraid of damaging him in the process. Still, he looks so cool!

Regardless of little nitpicks, he's still so awesome to see sitting next to Gonzo *geeks out*!

I really hope they release Fozzie, I'd buy him in a heartbeat for my sister and we'd probably have a field-day posing them and taking pics.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone who now owns their first MR Kermit! I love mine so much. I think these are the most awesome Muppets collectibles ever.

rtgentry

Reaction score
I just received gonzo and animal to complete my MR collection. I really like animal and I am surprised that I really like Gonzo too!

Bring on Fozzie.

and Piggy

and Rowlf
and scooter

Davina

Reaction score
i would build an addition to the house to have room for a piano (which we'd also have to buy..) if they ever made Rowlf....
hehehe
or just actually clean out and arrange the basement so there's room down there for one.. hehehe

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Today, I was moving boxes around and found my original packaging box and the box it came in for Kermit and remembered how excited I was when he arrived. I'm so happy with my Kermit.

Yes, Fozzie would be great. If we could just get Fozzie then I'd have enough to recreate The Great Muppet Caper, and have someone to drive my Studabaker...

...if I had one...

Davina

Reaction score
hehehe back before my black station wagon got crushed by a big truck, hubby and I were planning on painting it to look like the "rainbow colored studabaker"..
sadly, wouldn't work as well on what we replaced it with (white trailblazer)

I've kept all the boxes, they're just too darn pretty to toss. we plan on using them as part of the permanent display we build (once we know how many there are going to be so we can actually plan the thing...) meanwhile, they're in storage in the spare room...