In Development: Henson's Fraggle Rock Movie

unclematt

Reaction score
I am just afraid of them playing a more modern version. I want the original.

getup

Reaction score
some times the familiar themes aren't played until the end of the movie and they start with something new and different. or they don't show up at all. but i know in the past they've done it reversed like in the duck tales movie. beavis and butthead had a slightly different arrangement to the same theme and then the simpsons modified it a little bit to fit in with the movie. so it all depends i guess. i'm thinking with how iconic the show and theme is/was, it will show up at some point.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Of course... I forget... Did Follow that Bird begin with the Sesame theme at all? even a small, instrumental bit? I remember it beginning with the Grouch National Anthem.
After Miss Finch asks "Can you tell how to get to Sesame Street?" and they cut to the SS set, I think there's a very brief instrumental. I'd have to watch it again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am just afraid of them playing a more modern version. I want the original.
Well, we'd get a re-recording of the song to fit the movie, but I doubt they'd change it Much. In the Fat Albert Movie, for example, they just arranged some of the song differently, and they changed one lyric... and not by much, either. Oddly, just removing a referrence to Bill Cosby. That's about it.

So I could see them doing a remake with the same song, just sung by the different performers to be consistant with the rest of the film (provided that certain people will be recast)

unclematt

Reaction score
Well, we'd get a re-recording of the song to fit the movie, but I doubt they'd change it Much. In the Fat Albert Movie, for example, they just arranged some of the song differently, and they changed one lyric... and not by much, either. Oddly, just removing a referrence to Bill Cosby. That's about it.

So I could see them doing a remake with the same song, just sung by the different performers to be consistant with the rest of the film (provided that certain people will be recast)
I guess I would be okay with that

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I guess I would be okay with that
Me too. As beloved as the show is--both by Muppet fans and on an international level alike--I cannot see the movie going by without the adoring lyrics...

Dance your cares away
Worries for another day
Let the music play
Down at Fraggle Rock

The problem I do see, however, comes in when regarding the appearance and personalities of the Fraggles.

I mean, with political correctness advocates stamping their views against things for the most idiotic of reasons (ex: making old-school Sesame Street for adults when it was just the depiction of setting [the time and place], and especially given that show's own impact on the world), PC police may demand that Fraggles wear pants, despite the fact that their being pantless has nothing to do with the universal messages the show was always trying to convey.

Couple that with Boober's..shall we say...less than positive outlook on life in general and we may see Boober "Death is my middle name" Fraggle--one of the core characters in the franchise--being completely redone to fit a more "wholesome" family-oriented image (similar to that of a Disney character, considering that Team Henson--or whatever's left of it--is in partnership with the Mouse House).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Whatever's in the Fraggle Film is up to the Zappa kid. I can't get them all together. They have names LIKE Fraggles- I bet they were even raised like Fraggles. Who better to write the film than a Bohemian with a bizzarre name? :crazy:

just kidding. I'm remaining possitive that something will happen. I can't tell if the script is done, and we've just entered the long time of nothing happening as its getting produced period. Once we hear something official, we'll know what's happening in the case of the film.

As long as the Fraggles don't make pop culture refferences every five minutes.... I mean, how could they? They don't have TV or movies!:hungry:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
As long as the Fraggles don't make pop culture refferences every five minutes.... I mean, how could they? They don't have TV or movies!:hungry:
How could they? Easy. "Hollywood remake", plain and simple. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
How could they? Easy. "Hollywood remake", plain and simple. :frown:
I seriously doubt this would be a remake. Especially if Henson is involved. i think it would be, most likely, somewhere in between relaunch and continuation. Sort of like how TMNT was. In that film, the turtles were exactly the same as they were in the films, and we didn't have to sit through the origin story and them fighting Shredder yet again (as he "died" in the second film). So it was sort of like a loose sequal.

That's what I'm hoping for. Something that happens either after the show, or during the show somehow. Not just rehashing the origen for another audience.