TMS Season 2 coming summer 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back when news of the first set was first announced, I had read that Disney wanted the sets to be aimed at collectors more than kids, and I was hopeing for packaging artwork to represent the seasons that each set is for. I was hoping that the cover would be a season one group photo, or at least a collage of images from the first season. The Kermit body packaging was a bit okay, but the disc art and back cover photos weren't really representing the first season. The Muppets never skateboarded on the show (excluding Scoote rin the Ann Murray episode from the fourth season). If I was in charge I would have put some stills from the actual epsidoes on the back, or at the very least pictures from sceens. I know that a lot of sketches had pictures taken from teh sketches, even if they aren't stills.

For example, there are at least two non-still photos from the Mahan Mahna number. One, as seen in the booklet that came with Muppet Hits, has Mahna Mahna with the Snowths. The other one, as seen in Jim Henson: The Works, has Kermit bringing the phone to the Snowths. The back covers of most of the playhouse video compilations featured photos from sketches, and I think all of those were special photos taken during production of the scenes as opposed to stills. I've heard that Rowlf's Rhapsodies has pictures from the Mississippi Mud number nad the Sherlock Holmes sketch (even though that's not in the video). Muppet Moments has a picture of the Snerfs on the back cover. All of the pictures from the back cover of Muppet Weird Stuff are from first season sketches. Jim Henson: The Works features many photos that represent certain sketches, though I can tell that most (if not all) are stills.

If I was in charge of the back cover photos, I would have included either a photo of Kermit with the orchestra backstage from the Kaye Ballard number or Kermit and Fozzie on-stage durign the "Good grief! The comedians a bear!" act, and also a picture from Mahna Mahna, and also either a still from an At the Dance number or a Veterinarian's Hospital sketch. Maybe the pictures could have been Kermit backstage with the orchestra, Fozzie in Veterinarian's Hospital, and Mahna Mahna. That soudns good.

If I was in charge of picking the first season cover, I would have used that first season group shot that features Miss Piggy without her gloves. Or that shot of Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo outside the back door (I think this image was used as the back cover of The Mupet Show album). Or maybe the cover from the Muppet Show album could have been used. If I could have chosen the second season cover, it would probably be that photo of the Muppets by the theater door, the one featuring characetrs like J.P. Grosse, Thog, the Muppaphones, and others. Or maybe that big photo of many Muppets on-stage, as seen in the booklet for Mupet Hits and the 25th anniversary album (it seems like two such pictures were taken, one with Thog, Mean Mama, and Doglion on-stage, some without them). For the third season cover, I would choose that one that was featured on the last page of Muppet Hits, this image is also in the 25th anniversary album, and The Best of the Muppet Show DVDs had this picture in the paper that showed chapter stops. For the fourth season cover I would use the picture seen in Before You Leap, which was originally a puzzle. This one takes palce outside the theater, and features Miss Piggy on a motorcycle (crushing Kermit's bike), and also has Kermit (in trenchcoat), Doglion, soem Muppaphones, Gaffer (without her eyepatch), Rizzo, Fozzie, Beauregard, Animal, Floyd, Droop, andothers. I don't know of any good existing photos that promoted the last season (at least noen that don't also feature puppeteers). Hopefully there is an existing last season cast photo, especially one with Lips (not to mention Rizzo, Gafer, and Pops... But Lips is most important to me).

I wonder if all DVDs will have the seasosn number of characters. If this keeps up, then season three's discs should have: Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo (on disc 1), Piggy, Link Hogthrob, and Dr. Strangepork (on disc 2), Sweetums, Thog, and Doglion (on disc 3), and Sam, Swedish Chef, and Lew Zealand (on disc 4). Season fours discs should have: Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo (on disc 1), Floyd, Animal, Janice, and Dr. Teeth (on disc 2), Scooter, Rowlf, Beauregard, and Link (on disc 3), and Rizzo, Camilla, Robin, and Gaffer (on disc 4). And for season 5: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Scooter (disc 1), Pops, Rizzo, Beauregard, Rowlf, and The Swedish Chef (disc 2), Robin, Sam, Sweetums, Annie Sue, and The Newsman (disc 3), and Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Animal, Janice, and Zoot (disc 4).

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Thanks for liking my idea. Could anyone put the ad on youtube so those of us who are not getting the dinosaurs dvd can see it. Also whats the release date?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
and was I the only one who liked the Statler & Waldorf menus on Season 1? :boo: :sleep:
You're not the only one. Those menus are what I love the best about my season one set.

Personally I wouldn't mind having the hecklers griping about how awful the show is on all the releases menus. Providing they come up with different jokes each time of course. By the time you had 5 identical sets of Statler and Waldorf menus even I would be starting to get rather sick of them.

anytimepally

Reaction score
You're not the only one. Those menus are what I love the best about my season one set.

Personally I wouldn't mind having the hecklers griping about how awful the show is on all the releases menus. Providing they come up with different jokes each time of course. By the time you had 5 identical sets of Statler and Waldorf menus even I would be starting to get rather sick of them.
yeah, they'd have to use different jokes, though I wonder if the writers are up to it these days

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
:smile: :smile: :smile:

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
Thats FRICKIN SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Dinosaurs DVD was right, my mind is blown from the EXTRAS!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.