Photo Replica Speculation - Coming next?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I think what would be nice and what every Muppet fan cannot go without is a Barry Lee photo replica.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
I think what would be nice and what every Muppet fan cannot go without is a Barry Lee photo replica.
Mwohahahah! Totally. And some realistic Muffins would be nice...or a replica Bill...

Bear Man

Reaction score
I'd hope that Fozzie would be next - his size is really the only factor that I can see creating difficulties (and I'd be happy to accept a waist up poser if it was the only way to get him). While Rizzo, Pepe or even Scooter would be more economical, I worry that going with the lesser known, more fan favourite characters the line will not survive long enough to get the core characters...even having Animal as the third poser worries me for that very reason.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Bear Man said:
...even having Animal as the third poser worries me for that very reason.
Agreed. Though to some degree he is the Muppet everyone outside of fan-dom remembers "That crazy drum guy!" There are so many Muppets I'd rather spend my money on than him. In fact, I wouldn't get him myself at all if it wasn't for watching complete sets.

Someone else that should be made is the Swedish Chef! His hands shouldn't present a problem since his posers always had foam-hands. But he would be brillient for posing with fruits, and vegetables, cutlary, etc. Endless easily accesable props for him.

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Though I fear I'll never see him made, I want Pepe. He just makes the newer muppet movies. :smile:

Dave

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
I WISH the next one would be Piggy, from IAVMMCM. not saltine, but normal.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I had the oppertunity to email Terry and he is working on Fozzie as we speak. He has to do three of them for MR. So far he has the head and the foam body done for him. He also said that he is pretty happy with the head he has done. Right now, he is having trouble dying the fur for Fozzie, and he cannot find the right type of fur for him since they do not make that type of fur like they did in the 70's. He did say that him and a friend will be working on Piggy after they are done with Fozzie. Terry said that "Puppet Heap" will not let them use the mold's for Piggy so that will be a obsticle they will have to work out. Terry said that when he is ready, he will have pictures to show everyone when it is ok with Travis to show them. I think they will do just fine when they are up for pre-order for next year. Like I said, if they can do a three foot Falcon for almost 3G's, I am sure that Fozzie and Piggy are not any different. Anything is possible with Master Replicas!

I forgot.....Fozzie will be a full body poser!

Telly

Reaction score
Fozzie will be a full body poser!
Best news I've heard in a long time!

I forgot, how long is the liscense? We have Kemrit, Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Piggy. How many more Replicas are we going to get and when will it end? Not that I want it to end, but it just has too sometime. I'd like to see Scooter, Rowlf, Rizzo, & Pepe get made before the line's up. I think Camilla would even be pretty sweet!

Bear Man

Reaction score
He did say that him and a friend will be working on Piggy after they are done with Fozzie. Terry said that "Puppet Heap" will not let them use the mold's for Piggy so that will be a obsticle they will have to work out.
I actually find that really strange - since the character and likeness of Miss Piggy is owned by Disney rather than Puppet Heap, I would not have thought they would be in a position to refuse the molds if Disney wanted MR to have them. I'm not saying that you or Terry are wrong (when it comes to MR Muppets Terry's definiately one very cool guy to talk to) but it just seems an odd thing that they could say "no" to. If it were a new character they'd created for the Muppets then maybe I could see them retaining some sort of copyright over the patterns, but this is an established character, with an established shape.

Is there anyone with more information on this?

weredog

Reaction score
If they make a Rowlf I will cry, because there's no way I can afford these. Much as I like Kermit, Gonzo and Fozzie, I can deal with replicas of them being out there without my being able to afford them. But knowing there was actually a Rowlf replica out there, but unattainable for me due to my lack of funds would be downright painful for me. I want him to be made, but I know I could never afford him if he was, and that kinda makes me sad.