Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Marky

Reaction score
I respectfully agree - and disagree. I'd love to see a new television show in the vein of The Muppet Show. We all would. However, Jim always tried to do new things, not rehash what he'd done before. Muppets Tonight was a fantastic way of bringing the same format of The Muppet Show to audiences new and old alike.
Good points. But Jim wasn't around for Muppets Tonight, and let's face it - it wasn't the Muppet Show.

Plus... I think it's possible to 'avoid re-hashing' too far. With the Muppets, since JH passed away, 'new' has always meant 'dated and akward'.

I understand the thought of progressing something, but you know what? With what the Muppets are to so many - I think the best 'progression' for them IS to bring back the MS in it's full retrolicuous* format.

Nothing else in my opion would be more successful for the franchise.

* I just made that word up!
:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
so this ended up a big no too, eh? How many Minimovies will they make before they don't actually try hard and pull the plug all too soon? I'm guessing three.

Disney keeps writing up new shiney wonderful things for the Muppets and tosses them aside to make room for the DVD rerelease of "High School Musical Remix super special gold colored lettering cover edition 2 the soundtrack the concert on ice."

A lot of people have been mad that I've been bashing Disney lately. other than finally releasing TMS season 2 what have they done for us? Slap a couple characters on a T-shirt? There hasn't been a project since they rushed through Muppet Oz to be the first project they'd get credit for when they bought them from the Henson kids. And no one liked it since, well, it was ruched through. They threw together an incomprehensible script and didn't change it. I know it was in the works before the deal, but Disney had a say in making it suck.

These minimovies will suck. Trust me. They're pretty much going to play second to Disney's tween com zombie cast. At best, they're just going to be an advert for Disney. And there's nothing the fan base can do about it, because dispite the fact that WE are the ones that buy the sets, We are the ones that will watch, we are NOT their target audience of screaming idiot teenybopper girls.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hats off to you bud!

And to dr. tooth - do you agree with my "Re-Launching The Muppet Show Would Be their Best Option" opinion too?
Would be the best, but not feasable. not so much that people won't get into a vaudeville style setting, but the networks don't think people would get into it.

Very underestimative business, entertainment.

It would be the best way to do it. I mean, they've been trying to come up with a show since 2002 and all, why not just do what they already did with minimal changes?

SurfPark

Reaction score
Can we just accept that the Muppets are done with on TV?