Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

TellyM

Reaction score
Wow...

Even *I* haven't heard of this... not that I could talk about it if I had...

hint.

hint.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Even *I* haven't heard of this... not that I could talk about it if I had...

hint.

hint.
*double take* Hubba hubba wha? *ahem* Well! It looks like we've got someone in the know here! Well, I won't bug you with questions, just good to know that it hasn't been totally scrapped.

...Or has it? :stick_out_tongue::shifty: :concern:

muppetperson

Reaction score
*double take* Hubba hubba wha? *ahem* Well! It looks like we've got someone in the know here! Well, I won't bug you with questions, just good to know that it hasn't been totally scrapped.

...Or has it? :stick_out_tongue::shifty: :concern:
I knew that.They decided not to go with this and may come back to it, but are concentrating on the mini movies.See my post #577 back on page 39.

beaker

Reaction score
So I take it America's Next Muppet, the "Muppet mini movie interstitials" and the Mockumentary series will go the way of
other famous Muppet productions: in the vault, only to be whispered to be out in tape trading circles years later. Lovely.

My wish has always been for someone on the inside to leak this stuff on youtube...be it the 2002 Fox Prime time show pitch, or some of this stuff.

Has there even been a review by someone whose seen the mockumentary thing filmed, even just a description?

THANK GOODNESS the writer's strike appears over, as it is time for Disney to finally bring about the glorious new era of the Muppets.

Luke

Reaction score
So I take it America's Next Muppet, the "Muppet mini movie interstitials" and the Mockumentary series will go the way of
other famous Muppet productions: in the vault, only to be whispered to be out in tape trading circles years later. Lovely.
From what i gathered the Muppet Newsflash got the story about the "Muppet mini movie interstitials" a bit confused - these were the Disney XD interstitials, so we HAVE seen them. Nothing else was shot, and never intended to be. The Disney Channel was being confused with The Disney "XD" Channel (easy mistake) so it was a case of chinese whispers, and another story entirely making it out.

"Americas Next Muppet" was shot at a Disney park and likely ended up as a very short pitch show, but there was always a lot of wrangling about the format - i think the last fans heard it would have been a totally scripted spoof. I think rather then being a series they oughta have combined it with some improv and done a two part Muppet TV special. Scripted and pre-taped the first show of auditions, with semi finalist being picked. Then have the public actually vote on the winner and reveal it in a live show with the Muppeters improvising the characters.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
From what i gathered the Muppet Newsflash got the story about the "Muppet mini movie interstitials" a bit confused - these were the Disney XD interstitials, so we HAVE seen them. Nothing else was shot, and never intended to be. The Disney Channel was being confused with The Disney "XD" Channel (easy mistake) so it was a case of chinese whispers, and another story entirely making it out.
No, the Disney Channel interstials and the Disney XD content were two different projects. However I don't know if the Disney Channel intersitials ever got out of development and were ever filmed. The project, which would team the Muppets with the Disney Channel stars in short sketches in order to open the characters up to a new audience, was a big buzz around Muppet Studios last summer. However I haven't heard anything about the idea since about September - the writers strike may have played a hand in delaying/killing the concept, or it could have just been abandoned for some other reason (creative/marketing/logistical/budgetary), or they could still be coming (but just taking longer than expected). I don't know but the Disney Channel shorts and the DxD videos were two separate projects.

As some may remember that Dave Goelz himself mentioned three exciting projects back in June (video) - Disney Channel interstials, new webisodes (the Disney XD stuff) and
the big, "top secret" and "very cool" project (that is still coming, and they should start working on again as soon as the writers strike ends).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No, the Disney Channel interstials and the Disney XD content were two different projects. However I don't know if the Disney Channel intersitials ever got out of development and were ever filmed. The project, which would team the Muppets with the Disney Channel stars in short sketches in order to open the characters up to a new audience, was a big buzz around Muppet Studios last summer. However I haven't heard anything about the idea since about September - the writers strike may have played a hand in delaying/killing the concept, or it could have just been abandoned for some other reason (creative/marketing/logistical/budgetary), or they could still be coming (but just taking longer than expected). I don't know but the Disney Channel shorts and the DxD videos were two separate projects.

As some may remember that Dave Goelz himself mentioned three exciting projects back in June (video) - Disney Channel interstials, new webisodes (the Disney XD stuff) and
the big, "top secret" and "very cool" project (that is still coming, and they should start working on again as soon as the writers strike ends).
I know you would have probably reported it if you knew, but do you know if bits of the mocumentary will make it to Disney XD? The webcam thing really seems like a written bit from the reported ten minute piece. :smile: :embarrassed: