Sesame Street Season 38 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Greg. OK, the What's the Word on the Street segment... Snowths will come to hate this one as well when he does his reviews. A's Anatomy, I'm looking forward to, along with should there be another Law & Order: Special Letters Unit sketch. Glad they're moving away from the nutritional push these last two seasons. So looking forward to the NY Jets appearance if for no other reason than to see/hear what ESPN's Michael Greenberg's reaction to their appearance will be the day after.

August 13, 2007 as a start date for Season 38? OK, at least now we now the game plan. Tune in to the first few minutes to see if it's a new episode or a repeat, the first week will probably be all new episodes and then the week after that they'll resort to the usual juggling we've become accustomed to.

Again, thanks for the update and keep that News Flash in tip-top shape with the latest tidbits of Muppet information.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hopefully it won't be as annoying as that "you'll never knoooooooooooooooooooooooooow who you'll meet (who you'll meet), you'll never know who you'll meet on Sesame Street!" thing, and if not, maybe I won't hate it; after all, I didn't hate the "stay happy, stay healthy, on Sesame Street!" thing.

Also, how do we know they're not saying what they said last year about saying they're going to concentrate on early literary skills, and then next thing you know they continue to cram all that jazz about "eat healthy, excerize, get active" down our throats again?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Don't know why they just can't begin the show with the opening intro like in the old days.

Can't see any benifit with this pieces at the beginning of each episode.

SSLFan

Reaction score

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You have a point Snowthmeiser. But all we can do at this point is keep hope for the best. So long as they got rid of the Come and Play segment I'll be happy, unless they replace it with an equally lame annoying segment.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love all these new parody ideas... cept I'm not too crazy about a deal or no deal parody. I love Howie Mandel, but I HATE that show, man!

Anyway, I like the literacy thing. I mean, I'd rather have a planet full of smart fat kids than a planet of healthy idiots (just a joke!)

But about McD's and Chucky Cheese... they're nothing compaired to the Spagettio's ad from way back.. they actually really advertised the product, saying it had as much calcium as a glass of milk! That was brutal...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to agree. I think that their going in a good direction with the focus being on literacy. I also like the idea of 'the word on the street'.

Status
Not open for further replies.