New character ideas

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
muppetmonster, you have inspired me!:big_grin:

Sapia: A female of Animal's race. Looks like Animal except her fur is a lighter shade of pink. Wears her fur in a green scrunchie. Normally wears a red halter top and black skirt that shows her stomach, which has a tattoo around her bellybutton. Has the same wild personality of Animal. Like him, she plays drums, but she plays the steel drums. Loves Animal with her heart.

Hands: Lips girlfriend. Has green skin and orange slanted eyes. Has black hair usually worn in two buns. Also wears a red dashiki and black gauchos with white shoes. Plays the flute. Unlike Lips, she is loud and carries a bullhorn with her.

Nurse Tounges: Dr. Teeth's love. Has yellow skin and light brown hair. Usually wears a vertical striped green and black shirt and brown shorts with silver shoes. Normally accesorizes with a blue top hat, blue half sunglasses and two black bangles. She can play keytar. Plus, she has a platinum tooth.

So, how are these ones?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Hippos: The Hippos is a band consisting of four hippos: a pink one on guitar, a yellow one on drums, a blue one on tambourine, and a green one on keyboard. However in their later appearances, three more hippos are added: a red one on saxophone, an orange one on trumpet, and a purple one on bass.
That. Is. A. Great. Idea. Just as long as they don't replace The Electric Mayhem as the main band on any Muppet television series (The Muppet Show did have other semi-regular bands besides The Electric Mayhem).

Two years ago, I first heard the song "I Want a Hippopottomous for Christmas", and thought that it would be great for there to be a Muppet hippopottomous (I'm not aware of there being any such Henson creations). Though in my mind it would be a bit more like Gaffer, Foo-Foo, and Rizzo (in his earlier appearances), being more like a real hippo (walking on four legs and usually being silent), but would often dance and bounce around during musical numbers, and would have facial expressions of a dumb but friendly character (like Beauregard).

muppetmonster

Reaction score
Zootycutie, your ideas for Sapia, Hands, and Nurse Tounges are great.

By the way, I suggested a niece for Miss Piggy, also because she could fall in love with Robin: Kermit's nephew.

Muppetmonster

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
muppetmonster, you gave me another idea!

Swilla Jean: Swilla Jean is Miss Piggy's niece. She has a one-sided love on Robin. She's more rough-and-tumble than her aunt, and she glomps people. Still, she has the same fashion sense and martial art skills of her. She normally wears a blue and yellow track suit with white running shoes. She likes to follow people around and mutters things under her breath. She is just as adorable as Robin.

Well, here's another one!

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Maybe a few more new Frackles would join the cast of older ones.

Orange Frackle: He is very similar to Green Hunchback Frackle, but is orange with a red-orange beak and four fangs on his upper jaw.

Yellow Frackle: He is very similar to Boppity, but has yellow fur, a hot pink beak, and semi-mean eyebrows.

Light Blue Frackle: He is very similar to Gloat, but is light blue with lime green eyes, and two fangs on each jaw.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
You're all geniuses.

An idea I had was for a troubadour, kind of like Cantus, I suppose, who showed up at mysterious times in mysterious places in the Muppet theater. That's about as far as I've gotten, but I think it could be funny.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Few things...

1 MinorMuppets, there was a hippopotamus character in a Henson production. Her name was Phoenicia, she appeared in Jim Henson's Animal Show aka The Animal Show with Stinky and Jake.
2 TSF, that band of musician hippos... Was it based on the Hungry Hungry Hippos game?
3 ZootyCutie, I really like your ideas. Question though, what's a "keytar"?
And did you mean to say "Nurse Tongues" instead?
That's probably the one I like the best and automatically saw perfectly in my mind's eye.

You know... The most prevalent place to find new Muppet characters is in the fanfics other forum members post. Here are some that I've come to know and love.
Auntie Eleanor, a female version and love of Uncle Deadly found in ReneeLouvier's Sadie's Stories, Book 3: Remembering the Good Times We've Had.
Wanda the Cat, a calico cat with a beautiful singing voice and is currently married to Rowlf the Dog and expecting their first born in redBoobergurl's Rowlf's 5th Story: The Next Step.
*Would recommend you read all of Rowlf's Stories and Sadie's Stories in order to get the full history between all the characters.
Margaret the Frog, Kermit's sister in Together Again's first magnum opus, Swamp Call.
Jimmy the Frog (Kermit's brother) and Leaper the Frog, Robin's parents first introduced in a short story posted by the forum member Beauregard and referenced to in countless fics after.
Nora Brandon, a blue-skinned Whatnot with long braided blue hair in Muppet Newsgirl's A Little Knight Music.
Mabel Mole, a motherly mole and culinary artist with a bit of a tough accent featured in Ruahnna's Kermie's Girl.
Megan the Frog, and Penny and Zhen-Yi Pandas (mother and daughter) in green stuff's wonderful story titled Once Upon My Heart.

ZootyCutie, you should rully take your skills to the fanfic storywriting sector, everyone else would love these characters as much as I have with their basic introductions here. Wonder if you'd like to team with me for my Counting Pages where we can come up with some creepy yet crazy Muppet characters. Might even talk to you about your ideas when the time's fright.
Keep posting, rully want to know more about the female members of the Electric Mayhem and whatever else you've got up your sleeves.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I did mean to put Nurse Tongues instead. A keytar is a handheld keyboard held like a guitar, with buttons on it's neck to affect the pitch. It's a very retro instrument.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Lightbulb goes off. Oh! So that's what it is. Like the sort of carry-along keyboard slung on a shoulder strap wielded by Melodia in the old Silverhawks animated series.
Thanks... Will definitely contact you if interested in working or contributing to my counting Muppetlike creeps.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe a few more new Frackles would join the cast of older ones.

Orange Frackle: He is very similar to Green Hunchback Frackle, but is orange with a red-orange beak and four fangs on his upper jaw.

Yellow Frackle: He is very similar to Boppity, but has yellow fur, a hot pink beak, and semi-mean eyebrows.

Light Blue Frackle: He is very similar to Gloat, but is light blue with lime green eyes, and two fangs on each jaw.

I'm not completely against the idea, but if older frackles like Boppity and Gloat need to be rebuilt, and the budget doens't allow for both new frackle characters and rebuilt puppets of old ones, I would choose to have the old ones rebuilt. Or there could be a compromise, and one new frackle could be uilt, and one old frackle could be rebuilt. Heck, I don't even care much for the frackles who were built for the fifth season of The Muppet Show.