Songs the Muppets SHOULD have covered...

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the whole "Huge Group Singing a Song Thing", like those supergroup things. I was thinking that "Don't Download this Song" by "Weird Al" Yancovich would be cool to see be sung by a large group of Muppets.

BlueAM

Reaction score
The Electric Mayhem could do "Bang a Gong (Get It On)" by T. Rex.

Or how about "This World is Something New to Me" from The Rugrats Movie sung by Bobby Benson's Babies and the Seinfeld Babies from Muppets Tonight?

BlueAm

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
How about... Weird Al Yankovic's "Eat It" sung by Behemoth, Luncheon Counter Monster, and an alligator.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Dude, that WOULD be sweet! What about Randy Newman's "Mama Told Me Not to Come"? That would be most excellent sung by Dr. Teeth:big_grin:
Is this the same as the one by Three Dog Night? 'Cause if so, I always envisioned that one sung by a male guest star at a weird house party... at the house of Gonzo the Great!

In attendance are the usual plethora of chickens, Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand, Uncle Deadly, Koozebanians, monsters, Big Mean Carl, and a hapless man attempting to play the pin the tail on the donkey (perhaps he pins it on Carl and Carl eats him).

Would be ideal for new Muppet Show, introducing/re-introducing classic characters and groups to a new audience.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Dr. Teeth could sing "Travelin Band" by CCR.
How about "Build Me Up Buttercup" by The Foundations sung by Floyd.
I've had both of these in my outline ideas file for a while. "Travelin' Band" sung by the Electric Mayhem in a hotel room, and "Build Me Up Buttercup" sung by a Whatnot at home, waiting for his girl to show up while seemingly everyone and their grandma shows up in the meantime. At the end of the number, she finally shows up... and she's inside a monster. Both of these would be mid-Season 3.

It's odd that they never used any CCR on TMS. I've got plans to use a lot of their stuff in my outlines. "Up Around the Bend" would also be Season Three (early), and in the set used for Roy Clark's "Yesterday When I Was Young" (only lit like daytime, but you can still see the lip of the stage). Also I've got a Season Five style John Fogerty outline in early stages. Main reason I wanted to do this one was for use of the song "Lookin' Out My Back Door", such a perfect song for TMS. Would've used "Run Through the Jungle", but seeing as that song's about Vietnam (I believe), I just don't think it would translate well. I'm using a different jungle opener instead, "I Wanna Be Like You". This one takes place in Season Five, circa the Tony Randall episode.

I haven't worked on an outline in months. In fact, I haven't written anything in months, either. Need to get back to that pronto. Outlines are good practice, like off-season conditioning, in between screenplays.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

BlueAM

Reaction score
Just to let you know, I'm doing a Season Three outline, around the time of the Sylvester Stallone episode, starring Cyril Ritchard, and I thought it could be funny if the closing number would be Cyril singing "Lady Madonna" by The Beatles, backed by the Mayhem, and Zoot could get a rockin' sax solo! LOL!

I'm also working on a Paul Frees outline, and one number could be two skeletons serenading a witch with "Baby's in Black", also a Beatles tune, of course. It will be a Halloween episode set during late Season Four. The opening number could be The Gambler singing Warren Zevon's "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner", along with Roland's ghost, some Muppet kids, and the animals, since it's a campfire setup!

Hope Gorgon Heap likes these, (imitating Bullwinkle) "as will all you out there in TV land!"

BlueAM