Muppet Treasure Island: Buried Treasure

MWoO

Reaction score
MTI is a rather well done movie and it makes good use of Kevin Clash as Polly and of Sam Eagle. Very good movie with some great casting. Kevin Clash is an amazing performer, when he isn't being sickeningly sweet as Elmo.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Did I ever menton that in my picture book version of MTI which includes collectable Muppet cards...*breath*...there is a card with a picture of Clueless and Polly and it says, "Bad Polly and Mad Monty."
*ahem* I seem to have that very card... :halo:

And something interesting about Sam's character, Samuel Arrow, in the actual book of "Treasure Island" Mr. Arrow is a drunk who isn't duped off the ship by Silver, but falls overboard one night when he's had too much to drink.

These Muppet people are so original. :stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
And something interesting about Sam's character, Samuel Arrow, in the actual book of "Treasure Island" Mr. Arrow is a drunk who isn't duped off the ship by Silver, but falls overboard one night when he's had too much to drink.
*ahem* As sacred keeper of Treasure Island (credited as "The Book" in a stage production of the same) I beg to differ. Sams fate is neither stated nor sealed. We know he took to drinking "for warmth" with Silver, and we know he went over-board, but it's left in our hands (imaginations) as to whether it was an "accident" although it was strongly suggested that Silver, and crew, had a hand in it. Have you seen the movie version with Christian Bale?

Bea:zany:{Christian Bale should SO be a guest on TMS when it returns to Public Television}regard

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*ahem* As sacred keeper of Treasure Island (credited as "The Book" in a stage production of the same) I beg to differ. Sams fate is neither stated nor sealed. We know he took to drinking "for warmth" with Silver, and we know he went over-board, but it's left in our hands (imaginations) as to whether it was an "accident" although it was strongly suggested that Silver, and crew, had a hand in it. Have you seen the movie version with Christian Bale?
Oh. Well, I guess I definitely didn't read it that close (it was a summer reading book, I wouldn't dare pay that much attention). :stick_out_tongue:

Who's Christian Bale?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh dear lord...Christian Bale is Batman...must I teach you everything you know about currant culture?

But back on topic *ahem*...I have to say, "Spa-aam!" His voice is another reason to watch MTI.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
See... Always thought Mad Monty's lines, as you're posting them here, were Blind Pew's lines. Guess it doesn't help when I'm just as blind as Pew, though still some sight's left in these bloodshot vampire peepers.

And another thing about Big-Fat-UglyBug-Faced-Baby-Eating O'Brien... What I'd really like to know is what's the name of the actress who portrayed that particular role?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beau, if anyone teaches about culture, it is I, your father.

And yes, Spa'am is great, another fantastic Kevin Clash character.

And Ed... I don't know. Is her name even in the credits?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's the thing... It isn't, according to all the info at the places I usually haunt.
BTW: Just merged this one with the thread Aunt Ru started waay back.

And Christian Bail is portraying the character of Bruce Wayne/Batman in the new movie franchise directed by Christopher Nolan... But to say that he "is" Batman, well, don't get me started on one of my counted colleagues.

And MTI is a great movie, no matter what people say about not liking Muppet adaptations of books into film.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*giggles!* Oh thanks for merging! That will make things much clearer. And I'll say not another word about CB being Brucey (Wait...isn't CB Christy B? I get the initials so mixed up...does that mean that Christy is Batwoman? Have I gone off on an irretrievable tangent?)

I guess the reason for the complications re Big Fat Ugly (etc) is that her voice and...*ahem*...body were different, which would have made it odd for the credits. Or perhaps she was just overlooked somehow. *tries to imagine how anyone could overlook her*