What seperated the Gorg's world and Outer Space?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
This is something I've wondered for a while. There had to be something like a huge wall separating Doc's house and the Gorgs' garden. Or maybe they were just really far apart. But even so, wouldn't someone have noticed them? It simply doesn't make sense. Maybe they're invisible to everyone but the Fraggles. That would be weird. Someone explain this to me.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I've wondered that since I was little. It really makes less sense since the gorgs were about I guess....35 to 50 feet tall.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I refuse to watch Fraggle Rock ever again until I receive a legit answer.

The clock is ticking, Henson.

evilhopscotch

Reaction score
Magic, dude. That's how. The gorg's garden is in a whole different universe of its own thanks to magic, and isn't anywhere near Doc's house.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think that what seperates the Gorgs from Outer Space is the Fraggle world itself. Outer Space, where Doc lives, is on one side, and the Gorgs are on the other.

Daniel

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That would be what I would presume. I must get the series as it comes out on DVD and see if anything of interest is brought up about this.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I think it's a matter of shifting dimensions and all that stuff. The kind of thing they'd deal with on Dr. Who or something.

Speed Tracer, I think the writers and performers would prefer that you just acknowledge that it's a fantasy world, and just sit back and enjoy, without excessive fretting and sweating. :smirk: :excited:

Wembley

Reaction score
Well, in "The Gorg Who Would Be King", Junior decides there will be no king, and then throws the crown away. At the end of the episode, Doc and Sprocket find a huge metal crown-like object, which is the crown that Junior threw.

I would imagine that when needed, the magical separations between the Fraggle universe and the Silly Creature universe are removed. Remember, in Honk of Honks, Gobo has to gather honks from the different species to produce the Honk - and when he does, all the creatures hear the Honk and realize that we are not that different from each other.

Well, at least that's my theory, anyway :smile:

-Rick
..."You can NOT leave the magic"

Foodie

Reaction score
They live in another dimension... like Narnia. There are only certain ways to get there. I read an article where Jerry Juhl ( I think ) mentioned that explanation.