Best singer?

Foodie

Reaction score
Gobo! Gobo! Gobo! Not that the others are bad.... Red was a bit rusty in the first few episodes before she found herself.

Now, on the other hand, the cartoon versions for the Fraggle 5... they make you listen to them sing 24/7 during your first week in h e l l. It's true! After that, it's nothing but the songs of the animated Trash Heap and Gorgs for the remainder of Eternity. No lie.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
But when it comes to being a grand-standing, preaching showboater, it's a tie between Convincing John and The Wizard (who himself could carry a tune, but that's mainly Richard's doing).

evilhopscotch

Reaction score
richard had a fantastic singing voice. Like, one of the best out of the original muppeteers. David isn't bad at all, and it's amazing to me just how much emotion he can put into a voice like Gonzo's.

But of course, my favorite will always be Jim (and to some extent, Steve now).

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
It's sort of hard for me to choose but: probably Mokey. She has a beautiful voice and I loved her songs "Ragtime Queen" and "Sorrow and Shame." But I've always really liked Red's fast tounge twister-y songs like that Thimble Beetle song and the Rumble Bug songs. :excited:

Pork

Reaction score
Out of the five I would say Mokey. but I liked Cantus and Convincing John alot.

MokeynSprocket

Reaction score
RED RED RED... I believe Red is the best singer. I love all her songs, especially her solo songs. In the episode when Red tried to be Mokey, her first song "DREAMING" sounded so beautiful.. She sung it so well. Next in line would be Wembly in my opinion. Boober or course, goes last.. His voice is too weird to compete with the other Fraggles. It seems as though Boober is simply talking instead of singing his songs. Anyway, RED RED RED...

anytimepally

Reaction score
RED RED RED... I believe Red is the best singer. I love all her songs, especially her solo songs. In the episode when Red tried to be Mokey, her first song "DREAMING" sounded so beautiful.. She sung it so well. Next in line would be Wembly in my opinion. Boober or course, goes last.. His voice is too weird to compete with the other Fraggles. It seems as though Boober is simply talking instead of singing his songs. Anyway, RED RED RED...
it's good to see Red has some support :excited:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to go with Steve W. as Wembley for best singer. While Gobo definitely has the most "forward"-sounding sounding voice, and Mokey certainly has the most fair and melodic voice, I really admire the way Steve sang for Wembley. It was a little nasal, sure, but that was the character, and he really had great support and just overall really good vocal technique. When Wembley sang a good song, you remembered it. Just my opinion.

:smile: