Ernie and Bert's seldom seen kitchen

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wwll, the closest thing I remember to that was the time Eirne put that pot over Bert's head. LOL!:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Well depending on the type of brown stone they live in, the landry room may be in their house. But you always see cloths hanging form cloths lines, though. In Elmo in Grouchland, the Landry room was between Hoopers and the Fix-IT-Shop.
Actually, it was across the street from 123 Sesame Street.

There was also an episode from season 24 where Savion went to the laundry room to do his laundry, and Big Bird and Snuffy both wanted to help him. However, the room was only big enough to fit two of them at a time, so Big Bird and Snuffy took turns helping Savion. However, whenever it was Big Bird's turn, he got to help Savion, and whenever it was Snuffy's turn, he had to wait. Snuffy was confused by Big Bird saying that he was having fun. And Big Bird always left right after he did something, and Snuffy always left right before the washing and drying machine stopped. Does anybody else remember this episode?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
LincolnHeights said:
I sometimes wonder why they didn't show it more, but I mean Ernie and Bert's apartment is pretty big, they have a Livingroom, a Bedroom, a bathroom, a Laundry Room, and of course a kitchen which we only see twice in almost 40 years.
And their bathroom keeps changing. Either they keep redecorating it (even going as far as moving the bathtub) or they have multiple bathrooms.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've noticed the bathroom changse, too. Their bed room had chagges quite a bit, too.

Ok, thank you for corection about it being across the street. By the way, I hadn't remembered that episode, but you just reminded me of it again.

ErnieandTelly

Reaction score
They also showed a Laundry Room in a 1992-93 Season episode. Maria and Gordon went in to do their Laundry at the same time, and Oscar was excited and happy because he thought there was gonna be a big argument between them. Maria and Gordon both realized they each only had a small amount of laundry to wash, so they both decided to use the washer together! Oscar was disgusted with this, and said something like "Hey wait a minute, there is a problem here after all, I have Laundry to wash too!" and Maria and Gordon said to Oscar that there was enough room for all their clothes, and they put Oscar's in as well, and he was like "Hey wait! I was gonna wash those clothes with MUD!" :grouchy::grouchy::grouchy:
Actually this episode is from season 22 in a repeat
:wisdom

Redsonga

Reaction score
Sorry for getting a little off topic, but I just had to post that memory. Well, back on topic. Can anyone name all the times Ernie and Bert's Kitchen was shown, and all the times it was ever mentioned. I have only actually seen it twice, but mabye it was on more than that in the show's early days. How many times has it been mentioned?
SS is a magical place in New York where no one has to pay rent but to pay for living there you have to be a full time teacher or have a talent for singing :wink:

Lisa Faye

Reaction score
There's some other room of Bert and Ernie's. I don't know if it was supposed to be a basement or what.
Ernie was studying his hands, Bert comes in, door shuts loudly, Bert does a double take at the door, then complains about the room being a mess. There was a mobile in one corner of silvery like fish.
They then proceed to do this skit about Ernie saying he bets he could do ten different things with his fingers.
Anyone remember that skit and that room real well?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Yeah their apartment is pretty big. What floor are they on, cause in some skits they go out the door and then see each other through the window.