Your Feedback: Server Move Tuesday March 27, 2007

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I seem to have lost some posts made this afternoon, I was on two different computers today. For the longest time I was getting no new posts and myself and a couple of others being the only ones online. Now, I don't see the posts I made this afternoon and I'm seeing plenty of new ones.
It sounds like the DNS records temporarily reverted back to our old server where you are and now they are pointing to the correct location. Everyone should be seeing the new site now though.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I also wanted to point out that the forum seems SO much more faster now as a matter of fact, and I REALLY like that!
Yes it is. We've purchased a more efficient server with higher resources so that the site can continue to grow while improving the surfing experience for everyone.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... After reading Beth's post and your reply to it Phil, is it possible that a double reverse took place?

Wondering this, cause yesterday on 3/28 I was online around 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM EST and I made some posts. Then, when I was at the computer at my university's law school's library's cubicle for handicapped students, the posts I made before weren't showing up though there were only a handful of us online and I was getting E-mail notifications to new posts being made that didn't show up. Now that I'm back home, the posts made during 12:00-1:30 PM EST on 3/28 show up, but the ones made from 2:00-7:30 PM EST have disappeared. And along with that, my post total's a bit out of whack by about ten or so. Just posting to let you know. Hope this helps and have a good night.

Effralyo

Reaction score
I'd been missing you all SO darn hard!!!
*Runs to settle into MC Dorms*

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I've had the same problem as Bethand Ed. And I was on a different computer too when I made them. But for some reason, I got the same PM over again that I had already sent out to Kathy earlier.

But great job on the new server so far!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Oh hi Effy. If you want to join the dorms, you need to go into the thread and search for Post #8412, which contains the new application form and rules for membership. If you want, I could send it to you via PM or forum mailer.

Hope this helps, have a good day.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
As of 4:30 pm CST I was still not seeing the new server at my work. I cleared cookies and files and everything. I'm not sure what else I can do. I am using Internet Explorer on Windows XP. I don't know if that matters.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
As of 4:30 pm CST I was still not seeing the new server at my work. I cleared cookies and files and everything. I'm not sure what else I can do. I am using Internet Explorer on Windows XP. I don't know if that matters.
Sounds like a lag in the DNS updates. Try it again tomorrow and let us know if it's changed over.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Still no luck with it at my work. Hopefully over the weekend it will be ok, maybe after the Vbulletin upgrade.