Your Feedback: vBulletin 3.6

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are just a few of the new features...
Multi-Quote

The multi-quote feature allows users to tag multiple posts that they wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once the user clicks the reply button, each tagged post is quoted.​

To increase usability, by default, only posts within the current thread are automatically quoted. If you wish to quote posts in other threads with multi-quote, you simply need to click a link on the reply page, and the text of those posts will be added without a reload.​

Quote Tags Link to Quoted Post

When quoting a post, the ID of the post is automatically included with the
tag. When the quoted text is viewed in a thread, a small icon links back to the quoted post.
New Buddy/Ignore List Editor Saves with AJAX

Along with a new interface, your buddy and ignore lists are saved with AJAX to prevent an unnecessary reload. Additionally to make the interface even easier to use, vBulletin searches for matching users as you type their names.​

Private Message Preview in Notification Emails

If you have elected to receive emails when receiving a new private message, the email will now contain more than just the name of the user who sent you the message. The title and body of the message will be included. Any BB codes in the message will automatically be converted to an equivalent plaintext version using the new plaintext bbcode parser.​

Unique Unsubscribe Link in Emails

Thread and forum subscription emails now include a link for unsubscribing that is unique to each user. When using this link, unsubscribing from a thread or forum no longer requires logging in.​

Save Search Preferences with AJAX

Changing your search preferences on the advanced search page no longer requires a page reload.​

Show Threads or Posts from Quick Search Popup

You can now choose to show search results as threads or posts without having to click through to the advanced search page.​

Receive Private Messages from Buddies Only

You may now select to receive private messages only from users on your buddy list. If a non-buddy tries to send you a message, they will receive an error saying that you do not accept private messages. Administrators and moderators are automatically able to bypass this restriction.​

Private Messages: Quota Warning

Once you have reached 90% of your private message quota, you will receive a warning telling you that you have almost reached your quota.​
There are also many new features which will aid the moderators in controling Spam and issues that may arise on the forum.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh WOW Phil! I'm really liking these updates! Especially the multi-quote thing, very, very cool! Thanks for keeping all us ravenous fans happy here! :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, well, it sounds like I can get used to these!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The multi-quote feature allows users to tag multiple posts that they wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once the user clicks the reply button, each tagged post is quoted.
Awesome! Thanks!
Oh WOW Phil! I'm really liking these updates! Especially the multi-quote thing, very, very cool! Thanks for keeping all us ravenous fans happy here! :big_grin:
Just testing the multi-quote thingy, hey this is great, now I won't have to just copy and paste multiple posts and put quote tags around them!

Skye

Reaction score
Wow, those are all so great! Thanks, Phil!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The multi-quote and quote links are really cool. This is one of the best updates in awhile.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, these updates are really neat. I like seeing the percentage full of my PM box.