The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just recently discovered that sometime later this year, Alvin and the Chipmunks will be making another comeback with an all-new movie: the only thing is it's unconfirmed on whether it's going to be strictly animated, or a combination of animation/live action stuff like the two Scooby-Doo movies.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Here's what Ross Bagdasarian, Jr's (the voice of the chipmunks since his father died in 1972) wikipedia page says about it.. I know wikipedia is the world's most reliable source, so take this as you will :rolleyes: :

"Currently, Bagdasarian is producing a live-action film version of Alvin and the Chipmunks, featuring computer-animated Chipmunks, and a live-action David Seville. It is reportedly in development by 20th Century Fox, and scheduled to be released in theatres around 2007."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, I heard about this at IMDb...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0952640/

The only genre listed is "Animation", though the current cast list has a few people listed as character (NOT the voices of) where as you've got credits for "The voices of Alvin, Simon, et cetera..."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
::shrugs:: I don't understand the recent trend with bringing back old kid's shows for the movies, but then putting them in a completely different enviornment, such as live action or in the real world. The writing's either been poor or the audiences were confused.

Fat Albert is one example. It was OK, but I think it might have been more successful if they'd kept it as a cartoon. They brought the characters into a new situation before today's kids even knew who they originally were! Rocky and Bullwinkle another example, as bad as it could possibly be! They should have stuck with what worked.

I hate to say it, but they're doing the same thing with the Fraggle Rock movie, bringing the characters out of their element before today's kids even get a chance to know them. I really hope it's done better than Fat Albert.

Heh, one of the few good moments in the Fat Albert film, "When you try to be something you're not, you lose the essence of who you are."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
::shrugs:: I don't understand the recent trend with bringing back old kid's shows for the movies, but then putting them in a completely different enviornment, such as live action or in the real world. The writing's either been poor or the audiences were confused.

Fat Albert is one example. It was OK, but I think it might have been more successful if they'd kept it as a cartoon. They brought the characters into a new situation before today's kids even knew who they originally were! Rocky and Bullwinkle another example, as bad as it could possibly be! They should have stuck with what worked.

I hate to say it, but they're doing the same thing with the Fraggle Rock movie, bringing the characters out of their element before today's kids even get a chance to know them. I really hope it's done better than Fat Albert.

Heh, one of the few good moments in the Fat Albert film, "When you try to be something you're not, you lose the essence of who you are."
Let us not forget the two Garfield movies...:rolleyes:

anytimepally

Reaction score
Actually, I heard about this at IMDb...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0952640/

The only genre listed is "Animation", though the current cast list has a few people listed as character (NOT the voices of) where as you've got credits for "The voices of Alvin, Simon, et cetera..."
it does look like live action / animation because normally Ross Bagdasarian Jr., who does Alvin & Simon, would also be doing David Seville.. and his wife Janice Karman, listed only as doing Theodore will likely also do the voices of Brittany, Jeanette, & Eleanor if they're included in the movie

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
About a month ago, Jason Lee was cast as Dave Seville, the Chipmunks adopted father. It was confirmed that all the humans are live-action with the Chipmunks being computer animated.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jason Lee? As Dave? JASON LEE?! I don't think so...

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Neither do I, but I think that our reasonings behind saying so are different.