TMS Season 2 coming August 7, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
they're showing different cover art than before
Yeah, those silly marking folks! I guess since the preview on Dinosaurs DVD was produced they changed their mind on the artwork (and who knows, they may flip-flop again before the release). Personally I like this (the big pig face) one a lot. Also I've been told there will be a collectible box (like the "fuzzy" season 1 boxes), so that's pretty cool.

There was something called Muppets on Puppets years ago. Either that's it and that's a typo, or it's something completely different.
It is something completely different. "Muppets on Muppets" (As I'm told) is an all-new set of interviews with the Muppet characters about the Muppets and the Muppet Show. It should be interesting and entertaining.

Less than 95 days to go! Wahoo!

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Digit: Ooh, there are little cracks starting at the corners of your mouth... Aaah...
Gonzo: ... WOULD YOU GET AWAY FROM ME?!

-giggle- I love The Secrets of The Muppets episode of The Jim Henson Hour.

And, I'm just ecstatic about us finally getting a concrete release date for the second season of The Muppet Show. I was so afraid with some of the rumours being passed around here that this DVD release would never see the light of day. And I too am hoping there won't be too many cut songs.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I have a question that is a bit off topic, but something Sarah said reminded me of this. Why was "You've Got a Friend" cut from the Season 1 release of the Vincent Price episode but not from the Time Life release? That has always seemed very strange to me.
Well, things changed between the time of the Time Life DVD and the Season 1 DVD - rights holders could have changed, the price may have gone up, some other company may have secured exclusive or restrictive rights to the song at the time Disney wanted them, or maybe the current owner just would play fair with the house of the mouse. It's hard to tell why song X had to be cut and why song Y wasn't - it's messy legal stuff that even some lawyers have problems sorting out, it's complicated but for the most part these decisions are out of Disney's control.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I am SOOOOO excited!!! Steve Martin is one of my favorite guest stars of all time from TMS!!! I couldn't remember if he was Season 2 or 3. Anyway, this is going on my calendar now. August can't come fast enough!! :excited:

mjb1124

Reaction score
Well, this is good timing for me. I just got the season 1 set and it's good to know I won't have to wait too long for the next season. Love the cover too!

Skye

Reaction score
I do hope there'll be Muppet Morsels again, too. But I'm so happy this is announced and coming!! There are so many episodes I've never seen before! I'm so excited, I can't wait!

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Everyone and all the people in everyone's spheres of influence MUST NEEDS buy this DVD OPENING DAY so we make a statement to Disney saying WE LOVES US OUR MUPPETS!!!

peyjenk

Reaction score
Everyone and all the people in everyone's spheres of influence MUST NEEDS buy this DVD OPENING DAY so we make a statement to Disney saying WE LOVES US OUR MUPPETS!!!
As much as I love your enthusiasm, I feel forced to ask: Would you like some free English tutoring? :wink:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Must needs is actually correct grammar. Old fashioned, but correct.

And we loves us is just me being silly.

Trust me, you don't want to go the grammar route with me Peyton! :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.