Best Muppet Show Episode Ever

Mike Hambrook

Reaction score
I have to say, the best Muppet Show I ever saw was the Wally Boag episode. I liked the idea of a Vaudeville show, and the acts were funny. My two favourites were the back-to back segments of Miss Piggy with Foo Foo, and the Leprechaun Brothers: Swedish Chef, Beaker, and Animal. This was a really funny episode, and I liked how everything was done.

peyjenk

Reaction score
This is a hard question. hmmm.

I haven't seen all of the episodes, and I don't necessarily remember all of the ones I have seen. But just going by what I remember, I'd have to say that the best episode is Linda Ronstadt. She is a strong presence both onstage and backstage, gets a big part of the backstage plot, gets a chance to be funny, gets to sing four songs, and has good chemistry with the Muppets. I think it was pretty rare to find a guest star who hit all of these marks, and she did it great.

Another guest star who does all these is Liza Minelli, and Alice Cooper and Raquel Welch come pretty close, too. :smile:

But, of course, just because I might hold these up as the "best" doesn't mean that I won't change my mind with the very next episode I watch. :big_grin:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
yeah I haven't seen every muppet show episode either but I'd say for the moment it'd be the Alice Cooper episode 1. for it being so odd and 2. just because piggy gets transformed into a rainbow afro bird thing hahaha

rexcrk

Reaction score
I LOVE the Star Wars episode, it may very well be my favorite.

Knegoff

Reaction score
The Connie Stevens episode, mostly because it was my first episode ever I saw with the Muppets, and the fantastic songs. (Teenager in Love, Ain't misbehavin', Close to you). Also, who can forget Lydia, oh Lydia, have you seen Lydia, the tattooed lady? :smile:

/Joe

Mike Hambrook

Reaction score
My top five favourite episodes of the Muppet show are as follows:

1. Wally Boag
2. Mummenschanz
3. Star Wars
4. Anne Murray
5. Brooke Shields

peyjenk

Reaction score
My top five favourite episodes of the Muppet show are as follows:

1. Wally Boag
2. Mummenschanz
3. Star Wars
4. Anne Murray
5. Brooke Shields
That's funny, because Mummenschanz, Star Wars, and Brook Shields are three of my least favorites. :smile:

Knegoff

Reaction score
Personally the Star Wars episode is the episode I like least... Mainly because they take too much place, and it becomes "The Star Wars Show with guest stars the Muppets" rather than "The Muppet Show with guest stars from Star Wars".

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
This is a tough question. As I said in another post, to me there is no such thing as a bad episode of TMS. But if I had to choose, say, my top 5, they would be (in no particular order):

Vincent Price
Alice Cooper
Zero Mostel
Peter Ustinov
Rich Little

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
This is a tough question. As I said in another post, to me there is no such thing as a bad episode of TMS. But if I had to choose, say, my top 5, they would be (in no particular order):

Vincent Price
Alice Cooper
Zero Mostel
Peter Ustinov
Rich Little
Okay, here are 5 more, which make these my 10 favorite eps of TMS:

Joel Grey
Twiggy
Diana Ross (c'mon -- Beaker + "Feelings" = hilarity)
Rudolf Nureyev
Ben Vereen