Best Muppet Show Episode Ever

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Okay, here are 5 more, which make these my 10 favorite eps of TMS:

Joel Grey
Twiggy
Diana Ross (c'mon -- Beaker + "Feelings" = hilarity)
Rudolf Nureyev
Ben Vereen
Okay, if my arm was twisted (ow!), I can give you 5 more.

Liza Minnelli
Peter Sellers
Spike Milligan
Johnny Cash
Don Knotts

janicegroupie

Reaction score
The Harry Belefonte one comes to mind for me. That song Turn the World Around is probably my favorite closing number ever. I thought he really got along well with the Muppets plus I loved Fozzie trying to be a writer.

Frogster

Reaction score
Wow... NO ONE liked the Loretta Swit episode best? That had the best acting, plotline and songs in it. Yeah, Belefonte, Carter, Randall and some others were spectacular, but nothin's cooler, to me, than seeing Kermit have the upper hand on Piggy.

Davidf05

Reaction score
My most favorite episode of The Muppet Show is from Season One with Ethel Merman. I like that episode a lot because she sings some of her greatest show tunes including "There's No Business Like Show Business" as the finale. It is at least the greatest episode, I think, for season one.:confused: :eek:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I would say the Twiggy episode, if only for The King's Breakfast, and Uncle Deadly. Plus I'm kinda in love with Twiggy.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I would say the Twiggy episode, if only for The King's Breakfast, and Uncle Deadly. Plus I'm kinda in love with Twiggy.
The Twiggy ep. was always one of my favorites, mostly due to the Uncle Deadley stuff. That moment when he first sneaks up on Kermit backstage, then proceeds to choke him when the frog attempts a joke...brrrrr...spooky stuff!

And "The King's Breakfast" always made me laugh, especially when he slid down the bannister!

Plus, Twiggy does a wonderful version of "In My Life."

In all, a great episode!

peyjenk

Reaction score
The Twiggy ep. certainly was a bright spot in the first season.

ploobis

Reaction score
NOTE: I have not seen all of the episodes but Here are some of my favorite episodes of The Muppet Show. :smile:

Joel Grey

Paul Williams

Harvey Korman

Peter Ustinov

Ben Vereen

Phyllis Diller

Vincent Price

Valerie Harper

Don Knotts

Rich Little

Nancy Walker

Edgar Bergen

Steve Martin

George Burns

John Cleese

QUESTION: Does the "Sex & Violence" Pilot count?