New Muppet comic Strip

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dont forget "The Muppets wizard of Oz", plus the work that has gone into developing the mobile Muppet Lab, plus the projects, such as the mini movies,which are currently being filmed.The projects havent been "lies".Not everything that gets developed gets released.
Sadly, that's true. but we WANT it. Muppet Oz? Crappy film... Mobile Labs? Didn't get a chance to see it. Mini-movies? That's a euphemism for "commercials for Disney products with the Muppets shilling horrible TV shows"

beaker

Reaction score
Sadly, that's true. but we WANT it. Muppet Oz? Crappy film... Mobile Labs? Didn't get a chance to see it. Mini-movies? That's a euphemism for "commercials for Disney products with the Muppets shilling horrible TV shows"
I was at California Adventure, there wasnt no muppet mobile labs. The Muppet 3d gift shop got turned into Monsters Inc. The Bear in the Big Blue House live appears to be no more. Seems to me like Disney is doing what most of us assumed: Buying the Muppets so they could quietly fade em out into total forgotten obscurity.

I cant blame Disney for Muppet Oz, that was a joint effort with JHC. And while I like what JHC is doing(tho the Fraggle film and Dark Crystal sequel seem to be on hold sadly) I think it was a massive mistake to sell the Muppets to Disney.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I can't help but agree with you Beaker.
We still have to keep our heads high.

:smile:

P

Philip Kippel

BeakerSqueedom, I thought that you and I were on the same page on putting the Disney Blame Game to a much-needed end... :cry:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Could anyone here have some high hope for the Muppets? I guess not. That's what Disney wants. They want us to forget about them so they can fade them out of obscurity. If we don't keep fighting for them we'll never seen anything new.

Don't forget about the Muppet Season 2 that has all the episode uncut. I know that the comic was the biggest thing to happen from Disney's end but don't get all down and say "Well there goes the Muppets. There done for. Disney doesn't want them to begin with."

We have to keep our hopes up and keep wanting more stuff. I say "All For One" like the song from High School Musical 2. We have to give them a chance.

I know that everything we seem to want to get Disney says NO! and lets us down. I can understand that. But i see the bright side. No one wants the Muppets to fade out of Televison Classics. But if we don't side with each other and let this go on. We're going to be the ones who make them dissappear and no more.

With what we are getting from Disney is what i think is the best to come out. I know we haven't heard anything yet on the mini movies and other things but give it some chance. Keep the spirit up of the Muppets. I know i am. And i'm not going to let Disney crush my spirit and let me get my hopes up. If they say something and i get my hopes up and they let me down. I'm going to say that's Disney for yea. But i know all the other things i have of the Muppets. Records, Movies, Plushes, Books, Collectiables and everything else that i love about them. I have you guys to keep me to keep my spirits up because i love coming here and talking to everyone here. So come on guys.

Who's with me?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Disney have no plans to put the Muppets into obscurity.Otherwise they wouldnt buy them.Projects take time to develope and as Muppets Wizard of Oz didnt do as well as they would of liked, I guess they are being cautious to make sure the next project works.Disney are getting new head sculpts of Miss piggy and Statler & waldorf as we speak.They wouldnt do that if they had no further use for them.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ernie81981 said:
Who's with me?
I am Kyle, and I always will be. I firmly believe that the Muppets are timeless and immortal. There is no use in giving up, there's no use bashing Disney, it gets absolutely NOTHING accomplished. I've said this before, but if Disney sees people just giving up and hating on everything they do, do you think that will want them to produce more Muppet projects and keep our favorite characters alive? Put yourself in a Disney exec.'s shoes guys, they read this forum, and I don't think they want to see the fans of their product bashing them and giving up hope.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Gosh No one is Blaming Disney they are just saying try a little harder where the old Muppet Spiriti I'd like to hope and think It didn't die with Jim.
People are dissapointed as they should be it's hard not to be after a number of dissapointments outweighing the good things.
They are on the right track at this point I say I just pray to Jim they don't fall off those Tracks and the train goes crashing into another wall. :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Disney have no plans to put the Muppets into obscurity.Otherwise they wouldnt buy them.Projects take time to develope and as Muppets Wizard of Oz didnt do as well as they would of liked, I guess they are being cautious to make sure the next project works.Disney are getting new head sculpts of Miss piggy and Statler & waldorf as we speak.They wouldnt do that if they had no further use for them.
That is the spirit MuppetPerson.
theprawncracker said:
I am Kyle, and I always will be. I firmly believe that the Muppets are timeless and immortal. There is no use in giving up, there's no use bashing Disney, it gets absolutely NOTHING accomplished. I've said this before, but if Disney sees people just giving up and hating on everything they do, do you think that will want them to produce more Muppet projects and keep our favorite characters alive? Put yourself in a Disney exec.'s shoes guys, they read this forum, and I don't think they want to see the fans of their product bashing them and giving up hope.
Thanks Ryan.
TheJimHensonHour said:
Gosh No one is Blaming Disney they are just saying try a little harder where the old Muppet Spiriti I'd like to hope and think It didn't die with Jim.
People are dissapointed as they should be it's hard not to be after a number of dissapointments outweighing the good things.
They are on the right track at this point I say I just pray to Jim they don't fall off those Tracks and the train goes crashing into another wall.
You are one right dude JJH. You are right. It is hard and Disney should try harder but the ones who keep on downing Disney just needs to stop and keep in the faith. If they want. Let them write to Disney and ask them why some many things are going down and not coming out. I think we all should write to Disney and ask them about some of the things that have been canceled.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I cant blame Disney for Muppet Oz, that was a joint effort with JHC. And while I like what JHC is doing(tho the Fraggle film and Dark Crystal sequel seem to be on hold sadly) I think it was a massive mistake to sell the Muppets to Disney.

I blame them both for it. It was a terrible idea, and they really should have used the 10000000000 other better ideas they had on hold. However, I do feel Diz had a hand in rushing it out and making sure they had a "tween" friendly star as Dorothy. But I think it was a mistake to make in the first place.

But why are we blaming Disney? After that film didn't get extremely high ratings, and due to the rushed script it got bad reviews. now they're just twiddling their thumbs, trying to test the waters with their shoes on, and then they say "the water looks too cold." By which they keep scaling back any attempt to relaunch them.