ZootyCutie's Muppet Show Outline-Homestar Runner

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I thought it would be a fun idea to see what would happen if Homestar Runner was a guest on The Muppet Show. And, I know that Homestar was created in modern days. Also, this is in Season 5 episode style.

Cold Opening
Pops asks Homestar who he is. Problem is, Homestar forgets who he is!

Theme Song
Gonzo's horn plays the first few notes of the Homestar Runner Theme.

Intro
Kermit introduces Homestar as an athelete that everyone loves. But first, he introduces the Electric Mayhem.

Song-A Tribute to Homestar Runner
The Mayhem plays the song that honors the no-armed white dude. Floyd gets main vocals and Animal screams "everybody" and "Homestar, Run".

Balcony
Statler: So Waldorf, does he heal your broken heart?
Waldorf: Heck, he couldn't even heal my heart attacks!
(They laugh.)

Backstage
As the band comes in, Fozzie tells Kermit that he finds Homestar to be an idol of his. He finds him funny, witty and oblivious to the bad stuff around him. Something that Kermit thinks the opposite of Fozzie.

Muppet Newsflash
Recent studies show that now desks are being made of a mix of breakaway wood and glass. The Newsman doesn't beleive it and slams his papers onto the table, causing it to break.

Dressing Room
Homestar has fun trying on the costumes of the Muppets. That is of course, until he gets stuck in one of Miss Piggy's dresses.

Swedish Chef
The Swedish Chef makes a batch of Sudzu(Gummy bears in a glass of skim milk). Everything goes fine, until a swarm of Muppet The Cheats attack him for it.

UK skit
Rowlf plays the piano while Lips plays the trumpet. They do a duet on Down by the Riverside.

Fozzie's Monolouge
Fozzie gets Homestar's help to get back on Statler and Waldorf by saying how he knows someone worse than them: Strong Bad.

Closing Number- All Star
Homestar sings while the Electric Mayhem plays the song, all in costumes of the other main Homestar Runner characters.

Ending/ Goodnights
Homestar and Kermit are joined by Fozzie, Animal, Zoot and one of the Muppet The Cheats.

Ending Balcony Comment
Statler: You know, I've been thinking that I'd like that Strong Bad.
Waldorf: Why bother, your just like him!
(Waldorf laughs)

So, what do you think?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... It needs work. Perhaps you should dig around the FanFic section of the forum and read through some of the outlines for TMS episodes posted by fellow forum member Gorgon Heap. You could even contact him and seek his help in developing this outline further.

Hope this helps, have a good day.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I don't read fanfics normally but I love Homestar runner! It's a really cute idea. :smile: Welcome to the forum!

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Yeah, this is my first time doing it.

Thanks! Homestar is basically the next best thing to Muppets in my opinion.:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You did very well for a first attempt. :smile:

Keep working on your skills. Practice makes perfect. :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's a cutzy little idea for a Muppet Show episode. Some cool, fun stuff.

Am I the only one who imagined this whole episode in Homestar Runner animation style? And read it in his voice?

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I was thinking of full scripting some of the parts, and all I need is requests of which part that you would want, though I couldn't do the UK skit, since it is an instrumentral number.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like Muppets, I like Homestar Runner, and I like this fan fic. Though it seems a bit short in the last half (after the UK skit).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I was thinking of full scripting some of the parts, and all I need is requests of which part that you would want, though I couldn't do the UK skit, since it is an instrumentral number.
How about having a go at Fozzie's Monologue?
I bet you could make a very funny script.:big_grin:

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Okay Bill Bubble Guy, here it is!

Kermit: Hey, all you Muppets out there! It's time now for the crazy comedy clown himself: Fozzie Bear!
(Fozzie's theme plays)

Fozzie: Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh, you are the best audience yet!

Statler: Yeah, and their the best you will ever get!
(Both laugh.)

Fozzie: Hey, come on guys! One of my idols is here!

Waldorf: Oh, no wonder your jokes are as cold as stone.
(They laugh)

Fozzie:But, I-
(Homestar comes in.)

Homestar: Hey Fozzie!

Fozzie: Oh, hi Homestar.

Homestar: What's wrong? You were full of life backstage.

Fozzie: Well, you see those guys, they always heckle my perfomance.

Homestar: I think I can help.

Fozzie: Really?

Homestar: Yep. *to the balcony* Hey, you think your so tough? I know someone tougher than you!

Statler: Oh really, is it a steak?
(They laugh.)

Homestar: No, it is Strong Bad. Hey Strong Bad, come out here!

Strong Bad: Shut it Dumbstar. I was checking an email and stealing your cow lamp in the dressing room. What do you want?

Homestar: I want you to meet some peoples.

Strong Bad: Why you lazy crap for crap. If its those geezers in the balcony tell them to soak their heads. *leaves stage* And quit borrowing my fondue pot!

Fozzie: You heard him. Go soak your heads.*audience laughs* Wow! I've never been funnier!

Homestar: All right! Lets celebrate with marshmallows!
(Fozzie's theme)

Statler: W-what just happened?

Waldorf: We just got heckled.