Animal: Monster or... what?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Animal is just a wild man who's let himself go abit. He doesn't worry too much about his appearence, that's why his hair and beard are so unkempt. I never considered he was anything but human or at least humanoid.
I'm pretty sure Clifford is humanoid too. He's a cool and very laid back rastafarian. Check out some of his early appearences (ie the interview that Jim and Kermit did just before Jim's death that includes Clifford stealing the show) and when he was part of the Electric Mayhem.
Gonzo is and will always be a "whatever". "He's a little like a turkey". He could just be another humanoid character who isn't too great in the looks department. :concern:

Convincing John

Reaction score
As for Gonzo, there's an interview on MC by Judy Harris. She interviewed Jim and the following question is about Gonzo:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He's really one of my favorite characters. What exactly is he?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HENSON: He's nothing, that's one of the good things about him.[/FONT]

So there you go, the answer right from Jim himself. (This proves Gonzo ain't no alien, no matter what MFS says). Gonzo's just Gonzo.

Convincing John

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just like Kermit and Piggy's wedding, the alien thing was only a movie. I think Gonzo answers the question that he's an alien these days because he's tired of the question. Jim Henson is the authority. I believe him.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Gonzo was supposed to be an abstract character, just like a lot of the Muppets. None of Jim's characters on TMS could be considered acurate representations of real animals or people anyway.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Gonzo was supposed to be an abstract character, just like a lot of the Muppets. None of Jim's characters on TMS could be considered acurate representations of real animals or people anyway.
Hence why they are The Muppets in the first place.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hence why they are The Muppets in the first place.
Something they regularly mentioned back in the old days, "Well...we're Muppets."

Kermit talks about Muppets growing old in Muppet 30 Years.