Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Convincing John

Reaction score
Just ordered mine

Just ordered mine. The customer service dude I talked to was nice and helped me out.:smile: I wonder how many other calls he got today with people wanting Animal.

Man...this Animal's going to be great! It means even more to me that these replicas are based off of Terry Angus's sculpted posers. Muppet replicas based on the design of someone who worked with Jim...it doesn't get better than that. (I wouldn't mind having a Storyteller Fraggle replica myself). Terry has done a beautiful job. I know he's working hard on giving both Gonzo and Animal some rhinoplasty, so if you're reading these messages, kepp up the good work, Terry!

And if you think that $399 is a high price for Animal, just be glad you ain't payin' $975! (That's what this Animal is going for...)

:rolleyes: "The Disneys Companies would not like this, hokay?"

Convincing John

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
You know what I thought would be nice. If we had it autographed by Terry. Like the signature editions of Star Wars props. That would be a great honor and a BIG thank you for doing such an awesome job on these guys, and the future Muppets!

And if you think that $399 is a high price for Animal, just be glad you ain't payin' $975! (That's what this Animal is going for...)

This guy has been trying forever to sell these. They are ok, but he thinks he is going to make big bucks on them and they ain't half as good as Terry's!

masterofmuppets

Reaction score
why twice as much?

:concern:

I think this is great, like everyone else, but why is Animal twice the price of Kermit? I was willing to pay $200 for Kermit, but $400.00 seems a bit much for this. Hopefully they'll come to their senses by the time Gonzo comes out.

:halo:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Like I said many times before. Yes it is a bit steep, but in the long run you are 1.) getting a LE item. 2.) Making these are not cheap ( consider the material and time to sew and dye the material and sew each feather in the head. and the time it took to make these.) 3.)These are fine collectables. 4.) They come from original Muppet patterns only provided by Disney. Plus there are more to these like clothes and more material than Kermit had. Like Travis said, these are a lot harder to make and produce compared to Kermit.

You don't order a cheap bottle of wine when you would rather have a better tasting bottle. I consider that if you want something REALLY worth your dollar, spend the money or don't get it. Or you can make your own. Ask anyone who makes these on this website and they will tell you it cost money to make something EXACTLY like the original props. Look at all the Star Wars replicas. They are not cheap either. Everyone has to remember that these are replicas and not toys. They are making these to the last detail from the original. No one said this collection would be cheap. It comes with the territory of wanting them.

For me personally, I want them all. I am saving or have saved the money up ahead of time. There is a lot time still to save the money to get them, they don't ship till the fall.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, I got mine on pre-order and I'm happy! Now, I just have to find a scale-sized drum set and paint the EM logo in it.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Shipping would be about $70. It works out the same really. I was expecting him to cost a **** of a lot more so I am really shocked how cheap he is. Fozzie may be cheap after all. In fact Animal is working out less than Kermit for me now.