Official Star Wars Muppet Figures Coming

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing news. This will be an especially bittersweet moment for Ken Lilly as he wanted to do Stars Wars Muppets so badly with Palisades. The Palisades Swinetrek playset may be more in demand now that there will be Stars Wars Muppets to go with the set (even if they're not exactly in scale with Palisades figures.)

Luke

Reaction score
Interesting news. Nice to see we'll get em, but yeah unfortunate they won't be on the level of the Palisades figures.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yahoo! Bring em on.I wonder how big they will be? Probably around 2", the same size as the Mickey and Yoda Star Tours pack, but I wish they would make them Palisades size.

shimauta

Reaction score
Awesome!

Wow thats cool! I cant wait for them to come out. Ill have to take a trip out to Disneyland in California sometime since they dont have a Star Tours store here at Tokyo Disneyland!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Cool news! But Palisades set the bar SO high that I don't think any non-photo-puppet-replica ( :stick_out_tongue: :wink: ) Muppet products will live up to them.

Then again I guess that only counts in the category of action figures :halo:

I'll still look into buying them though.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
i'll wait to pass judgement looks interesting I wonder where one could buy these at?

beaker

Reaction score
Interesting news. Nice to see we'll get em, but yeah unfortunate they won't be on the level of the Palisades figures.
Yeah, but fortunately for 3.5-4" figure lovers like myself, they will be back to the Fisher Price 1978 toy line/muppet mini size which Ive always maintained is the size Muppet figures should be.

HOPEFULLY this will be the beginning of Disney Muppet figures proper in that scale:smile:

But yes, this is surprising but amazing news.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i like mini figures, but i'd want the whole Muppet "world" to build a collection - so if these did sell well enough to start a Classic Muppets mini line i'd be quite happy. With so many Star Wars collectors they can't fail to do well, its quite a smart move for Disney to allow them, and it can only be good publicity for the Muppets.

What with this, the comic strips and the DVD's they are starting to move in the right direction, especially if it's true they've been holding back on doing any more TV and Movies until the right opportunity comes along.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Please... we'll never have another palisades. Unless Mezzco can make similar figures (which they won't) unfortunately toys in the same scale are a dead issue.

That said, finally we can have a muppet product we can actually be excited about. Sure, there was a kick butt Electric Mayhem T-shirt I saw in Kohls (had they not only had smalls and mediums, you bet I would have picked one up), but this is something great.

Also, anyone else like those exclusive Mr. Potatoheads? I mean, they are really cool. Especially Boba Fett! Too bad those are only at Disney World.