Songs the Electric Mayhem could perform

Frogster

Reaction score
Yesterday I started thinking about some songs that, if Jim, Frank, Dave, Richard and Jerry were still together, they could use the Electric Mayhem to do some famous soungs... the one I thought would be awesome would be Ballroom Blitz. You guys?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Rock the Boat
Bohemian Rhapsody
Spinning Wheel
Video Killed the Radio Star
Raindrops are Falling on my Head
Beat It
Dirty Little Secret

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yesterday I started thinking about some songs that, if Jim, Frank, Dave, Richard and Jerry were still together, they could use the Electric Mayhem to do some famous soungs...
Uh, and don't forget about Steve.:smile: And the Electric Mayhem could still do some famous songs. Dr. Teeth, Animal, Floyd, and Janice have all had new performers in the past. And of course Disney has considered having alternate performers perform the Muppets in smaller productions.

Teheheman

Reaction score
A lotta stuff by Jon Nicholson(he's a pretty laid back kinda singer) I could see them doing a duet with him. Oh, and some cool old school rock songs. Maybe some John Mayer(He seems like a good sport)

Daniel

Frogster

Reaction score
Personally, even though the Electric Mayhem's known as a rock group, they tend to play somewhat softer tunes. Ballroom Blitz would be the coolest, craziest thing that they could pull off; that's a song that gets me goin anyways, and to have Dr. Teeth and Floyd on vocals would be so friggin cool. Other songs I could see them doin are

Run Around- Blues Traveler
American Pie- Don McLain (although I can see how all the Muppets could take part in that song)
Ants Marching- Dave Matthews
Too Much- Dave Matthews
Safe In New York City- AC/DC
We Didn't Start The Fire- Billy Joel (however, this could be another ensemble song)
Zoot Suit Riot- Cherry Poppin Daddies
Mr. Jones- Counting Crows
Delicate- Damien Rice
Cocaine Blues- Johnny Cash
It Ain't Me, Babe (Janice and Floyd)- Johnny Cash
Any Way You Want It- Journey
Make Your Own Kind Of Music- Mamma Cass
Real World- Matchbox Twenty
Forever Young- Rod Stewart
When It's Over- Sugar Ray

EM plays rock, but it's never too hard core; they don't do nursery rhymes, but they don't do Ozzie either. It's usually something somewhat smooth, but has a good rhythmic beat to it.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I dunno if they could DO Cocaine Blues by Johnny Cash, not saying that they couldn't, just saying that I think that is probably a little TOO mature for some audiences. Maybe Jackson by June and Johnny Cash. That would be a little better, I think.

Daniel

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think Last Man Standing by Bon Jovi would be cool. Or maybe Surrender. Hehe, I heard it on Guitar Hero II, I dont know who sings it. But the tempo and stuff seems EM-esk

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I actually really like the idea of Mr. Jones. I had a similar idea a while back for a song that the rest of the group, sans Dr. Teeth, would sing a song called, of course, Dr. Teeth. It would sound like Mr. Jones, but with different lyrics. I started to write it, but scrapped the idea because the Electric Mayhem doesn't really do parodies.

I kinda wanna revisit the idea now that I think about it. I didn't know a Muppet Central existed back then, so I didn't really have anyone to share it with. That's probably why I didn't finish it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here are some more songs they could sing:
Mrs. Robinson
These Eyes are Crying
I Love Rock 'N Roll
Whenever I See That Smilling Face
It's Now or Never
When Will I See You Again?
You're Beautiful

Squonk

Reaction score
Personally, even though the Electric Mayhem's known as a rock group, they tend to play somewhat softer tunes.
I agree, some of my favorite Electric Mayhem bits are softer tunes. Floyd's take on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"....Awesome

Anyway, with that in mind Floyd singing "Under the Bridge" popped into my head.