Your Thoughts: Forum Reorganization

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In order to streamline our forum and make way for some upcoming additions, we've moved some sections around and will also be creating some new ones over the weekend.

Here's a list of the forums that have been moved or changed:
1. "Sesame Merchandise" has moved to the Sesame Workshop section.​
2. "Muppet Merchandise" has moved to the Walt Disney Company section.​
3. "Action Figures" has moved to the Walt Disney Company section.​
4. "Buy, Sell and Trade" has moved to the Fans section.​
I'm planning on taking the forum off-line Saturday morning June 2 for an hour or so in order to add the new sections. If this time frame changes, I'll be sure to post here and let everyone know.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm liking it so far, Phil! My only "complaint" is that "Action Figures" seems a little out of place in the Walt Disney Company section. But that's just me. Other than that it looks good! :big_grin:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Pretty cool to hear Phil. Can't wait to see what the new section will be. Bring them on!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm liking it so far, Phil! My only "complaint" is that "Action Figures" seems a little out of place in the Walt Disney Company section. But that's just me. Other than that it looks good! :big_grin:
Well since Disney owns the rights to all Muppet merchandise and since the 2004-2005 Palisades figures were produced under Disney's ownership it's the best place. We've had a lot of ownership changes over the years and are just trying to adjust the forum accordingly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It'll take some getting used to, that's for sure... but I'm sure it's all for the better, I guess.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well since Disney owns the rights to all Muppet merchandise and since the 2004-2005 Palisades figures were produced under Disney's ownership it's the best place. We've had a lot of ownership changes over the years and are just trying to adjust the forum accordingly.
That's true. I understand that, thanks for keeping everything in order, Phil!

Luke

Reaction score
It seems ok, i think the changes made are excellent ones. I do think perhaps there are a lot of sections in some categories, but seems that can't be helped. Perhaps to reduce things, the actual demand of categories could be looked at - there have not been many posts about Puppet Up so perhaps that doesn't need a forum, and now the action figure line has ended and those threads (slightly) less active perhaps those posts could just be in Muppet merchandise with the busts, replicas etc. Looking at it though, improv doesn't seem to fit anywhere else either.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it's possible that at some point we'll either merge the action figure threads into "Muppet Merchandise" or we'll make action figures be a subsection of "Muppet Merchandise" but keep all those discussions in their own group.

As I said earlier, some new sections will be added tomorrow.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!
:big_grin:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These new forums have now been added:
"Sesame Appearances"
Find out when the Sesame Street cast will be on TV or making a local appearance.​
"Sesame Worlds"
From International Sesame to their children's programs, discuss Sesame Workshop shows.​
We are working to move the appropriate threads into their new sections, however, if you find a discussion that you believe needs to be moved please post the links below.

We'll be announcing more forum changes soon.