I won't be posting anymore...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
i've only been on MC for two years, but i can even tell that stuff is just weird. everyone gets all defensive when their opinion isn't agreed with and i used to be so excited to come on MC and check new posts, but now it feels like more of a chore...
So who's complaining now, huh?

beau

Reaction score
Sad to say, I see where you guys are coming from... and that's bad for someone like me who's been a member for years, but just recently starting posting here.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sad to say, I see where you guys are coming from... and that's bad for someone like me who's been a member for years, but just recently starting posting here.
Well, Beau (And I feel like I'm officially your older brother since I have the full name and you have the beau ;!) ), the place used to have a solid foundation of silliness and humour. There was not a single post that didn't contain something truly funny and smile-bringing as well as the information/argument/topic that was meant to be contained in that post. Now though, that humour doesn't seem to be the fuelling purpose of the place...although I'm not too sure what is in its place.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Wow!

Hey all you "Debbie Downers" lol
I've been here for a couple of years and usually keep my honest opinions to myself...but I'll add my two cents today :smile:

First of all let's all remember that this is a forum. Sometimes the traffic is good, sometimes bad. I don't want to downgrade the work MC is doing here but it is just a forum and usually the last thing I check before I go to bed. Sometimes I have time to check it out other times I don't. The forum is only good as the community that visits it and contributes. If you all are jumping ship because presently there is no traffic here then I think you are all pretty selfish. I bet you had no problem searching the archived pages of this particular forum to get information (usually not found anywhere else) on puppet building. Or had no problem asking a question to a puppet building problem; only to get a solution from another member that saved you time and money. It's not like MC is asking you to pay a membership fee or asking it's members to put in a couple hours a day. I think that people need to stay on, visit when they can, comment when they can. I think most of you are looking into this whole "why people don't come on here anymore" thing too much. Besides how do you know how much traffic is happening here?

Secondly, I usually don't comment here when someone posts something they want feedback with. I'll usually PM them as I think constructive criticism should be between two people and not in an open forum. However, sometimes I don't have time to comment but it was nice to see that person's work. Remember that this is the Internet and that there are many eyes looking at the work you post here. Just because nobody replies doesn't mean your work suck and goes unoticed. It may mean that I have a pot of boiling water on the stove, a family needing to be fed and the laundry needing to be sorted and folded, so unfortunately saying good job on a puppet build is low on my priority.

Thirdly, I've seen some of the "old-timers" still on here, don't kid yourself. I know that most people venture here when they have the chance but many do not contribute because some of the questions asked here have already been answered about a million times. If people would do a search of the question they have before they post, than they would find an answer and wouldn't need to asked. Often I've seen the same question be asked, but the great thing I've witnessed is that the same care has been given to answer that question as it was the first time it was asked.

All in all I think this forum is a valuable source of information and brings a community that was once shrouded in secretcy together to sharing ideas so that one day we can reach our puppeteering dream- whatever that maybe. I hope that if you do leave it is only for a short while and if decide never to return, then it was nice knowing ya. LOL

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
First of all let's all remember that this is a forum. Sometimes the traffic is good, sometimes bad.
Very true, it's just the nature of the beast. Just because it's one way for awhile (either way) doesn't mean that's always going to be the case. : )

beau

Reaction score
I definitely think there's still good conversation to be had here, but it just seems like it's not a lot and so far in between..

I'm not leaving, though. I mean, I'm just getting started here. I'll do whatever I can to promote this place.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
First of all let's all remember that this is a forum. Sometimes the traffic is good, sometimes bad....Besides how do you know how much traffic is happening here?

I don't think it's the traffic everyone is worried about. Yes, this is "just a forum", but it used to feel like a family. It used to be that everyone here cared about promoting the spirit of Jim Henson - his humor, his love and kindness, etc. Most people here don't care so much about that anymore...

Fraggline

Reaction score
I don't think it's the traffic everyone is worried about. Yes, this is "just a forum", but it used to feel like a family. It used to be that everyone here cared about promoting the spirit of Jim Henson - his humor, his love and kindness, etc. Most people here don't care so much about that anymore...
You mean, MC used to be different? It's degenerated?:sympathy: (this is for sad, but not teary) Wow. I guess I never knew.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Most new members don't, which is why us old-timers gotta stick around! We need an MC revival :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I agree Alex. I love this forum and I want to help promote the old family friendliness as best as I can.