Your Favorite Muppet Performer?

SSLFan

Reaction score
Who's your favorite muppet performer on Sesame Street? There are so many in my case, so I've decided to make a top five list:

1. Carroll Spinney: for Big Bird and Oscar.

2. Kevin Clash: for Elmo, Baby Natasha, Benny the Bellhop, and Hoots.

3. Marty Robinson: for Telly and Snuffy (and many more!).

4. Fran Brill: for Zoe, Prarrie Dawn, Roxy Marie, and various female muppets.

5. Frank Oz: for Bert, Cookie, and Grover.

Also, earning a special place is the man who started it all: Jim Henson, for his work as Ernie, Kermit, Guy Smiley and others. Also earning special spots are Jerry Nelson( Count, Herry. etc.) and Richard Hunt(where can a person start!:smile: ). There are so many muppeteers who have worked on this show, but those have to be my absolute favorites. I just wish I new more about Richard Hunt, you guys say he had some of the greatest charcthers. But, anyways, who are your favorite muppeteers who have had the oppertunity to be on this groundbreaking show for the past 38 years?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
For me, it's a tie between Frank Oz and Richard Hunt. No one could make me laugh as much as Frank's SS characters, like Grover and Bert. But Richard's characters are so funny and different and crazy. Plus you can hear his voice in so many sketches and songs, it's incredible.

Actually the two of them actually worked very well together. Like this sketch with Don Music and Grover:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7wUCCrAMF4I

anytimepally

Reaction score
Caroll Spinney
Jerry Nelson

I like most of them, of course, but if I had to pick favorites, it's be these two :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think that Frank is the greatest Sesame performer. All of his characters were, and still are brilliant, and his three main characters are some of the most popular characters on the show today, and throughout the run of the show.

That, and they're HI-LARRIOUS.

wiley207

Reaction score
In my book, it's...

Jim Henson
Frank Oz
Jerry Nelson
Fran Brill
Caroll Spinney

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Jim Henson
Frank Oz
Caroll Spinny
Richard Hunt
Jerry Nelson
Fran Brill
Marty Robinson
Kevin Clash
David Rudman
Joey Mazzarino
Carmen Osbahr

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
My favorite performers

Here's a list of my favorite performers.

1. Jim Henson for Kermit the Frog 1969-1990

2. Frank Oz for Pinocchio, The Old Woman Who Lives in a Shoe, Young George Washington Beautiful Day Monster and the Tortoise from the Tortoise and the Hare

3. Jerry Nelson for The News Flash announcer, the Big Bad Wolf, the Professor from the Six Dollar Man Little Miss Muffhiet and the Hare from The Tortoise and the Hare.

4. Richard Hunt for Don Music 1974-1989, The alphabet miner, Alie Bahba and Mr. Moses

5. Steve Whitmire for Kermit the Frog 1996-2001

Crazy31088

Reaction score
I think my favorites would have to be Richard Hunt (for Placido Flamingo and Don Music), Jim Henson (for Ernie), Frank Oz (for Grover), and Kevin Clash (for Hoots and Elmo [back when he was just another character]).

matleo

Reaction score
Love 'em all, Jim, Frank, Richard, etc. but to pick my favorite.....

Easily Jerry Nelson

His range of characters is simply unparalleled by any other Muppet performer. His singing range is incredible and the amount of soul and heart that each of his characters exhibits is a key element in why I enjoy the Muppets so much. Jerry is one of the few original performers to have an acting background first and puppetry background second and I think if you look at his characters it kind of shows. So many of them have this incredible presence and theatricality to them that just sets them apart a little bit from the other Muppets. He's the performer I tend to watch the most and he's the performer I try to emulate the most.

Like I said, I love all the others and all for different reasons, but Jerry....Jerry is my favorite.

--Matleo