Classic Sesame Street Live!(This is So Cool!)

SSLFan

Reaction score
This is from the very first Sesame Street Live show. It is an interview with three of the cast members- two of them being Big Bird and Cookie Monster.:cool:

Here's a link(you'd probbaly figure which blue link to click on the page,hint is *bigbird*) http://lioneldouglass.com/bigbird/video/index.htm

zns

Reaction score
Outstanding stuff. Those shows from back then look a lot better than the shows they do today. I have the program to the first show, "The Case of the Missing Rara Avis", but I am still trying to find the one for the second, "Big Bird's Super Spectacular Totally Amateur Show".

timmylogue

Reaction score
I Play Big Bird at Sesame Place

I work at Sesame Place in Langhorne Pa in the Entertainment Department as Big Bird. I Dance in the Big Bird's Beach Party Show, and the Sesame Parade.

zns

Reaction score
What I would like to do is find the audio tracks to the first four shows:

-The Case of the Missing Rara Avis
-Big Bird's Super Spectacular Totally Ameteur Show
-Sesame Jamboree
-Around the World

CoOKiE

Reaction score
nice find :smile:

And Timmy... sweet job you have there! Wish i lived close enough to Sesame Place... i'd have yer job in an instant lol

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
I work at Sesame Place in Langhorne Pa in the Entertainment Department as Big Bird. I Dance in the Big Bird's Beach Party Show, and the Sesame Parade.

Hey Timmy:

That's outstanding. Hey, I've probably seen your work, as I've been to Sesame Place recently.

Two questions:

1) How do you see out of the costume?
2) I noticed the neck is a little longer than the regular Bird puppet. How heavy is it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
That was pretty cool.

BTW, what was "around the World" like? I have seen one of these when I was younger, but I forget which one... it was probably 1989...

timmylogue

Reaction score
Being Big Bird

Sorry I've be so busy I haven't had a chance to to answer your questions,

I see out of the neck where the blue/purple tie is, the bird is about 50-60 pounds ( I believe ) its pretty heavy but we get use to it really fast. There are about 5-7 guys that play the part Big Bird as well.. We have A and B cast ( this counts for elmo, zoe,ect.. ) so we rotate every other show so theres 6 shows at Big Birds Beach Party, So for each of us we do 3 shows a day and 1 parade as Big Bird, but lets say that Im A cast the one day and someone is B cast the same day I would be Bird in the first parade and the B cast person would do like telly or maybe even sometimes cookies ( depends on height ). Its pretty darn hot I'm sure you guys would knew that. I been doing it for about 6 years now, I only do it on weekends now b/c I started a full time job as a graphic web designer, but its a fun job at Sesame Place, and the only reason I come back every year is because well one thing is my friends and the other one is the look on a kids face that feeling I get when I make that child smile and laugh is the best best feeling ever!

I've also have done special events at like Children's Hospital in Philadelphia and stuff, Now seeing that is alittle tear in the eye, Like I said its a great feeling being Big Bird.