What DVDs would you want for 2008?

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with everybody here. Any of the Muppet specials would be awesome. Every since there was the false rumor of John Denver and the Muppets a Christmas Together was gonna come out a few years ago I've been wishing for that one. Would also love the Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson since my video from when it first aired is so worn out and the 30th anniversary Muppet special that was on in the 80s. I barely remember it but it seems like it was totally cool. I'll probably have to keep dreaming though.:flirt:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
i want
frog prince
hey cinderella
the john denver specials
the jim henson hour muppet parts
muppets tonight

anytimepally

Reaction score
I agree with pretty much what everyone's said so far, and I want to add The Jim Henson Hour and The Animal Show. I've never seen a single episode of the latter and am VERY interested in it--specifically because of Steve and Dave!
The Animal Show also has an episode featuring Randall the Zebra... so, I could go for that on DVD :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for an april fools joke, and too late for a july fools prank, but I thought I'd make a pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-p-re April Fools Day announcement:

Next summer, fans can buy every Muppet special ever produced, as well as every movie and every episode of The Muppet Show, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and Muppet TV! Presenting the 28-disc "Super Muppet Collection" DVD! 28 double-sided discs with all Mupet movies and specials (with permisison from the companies that own The Great Santa Claus Switch, the two John Denver specials, The Muppets Take Manhattan, Muppets From Space, Kermit's Swamp Years, and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie), plus special recorded versions of The Muppet Show on Tour, The Mupet Show Live, Here Come the Muppets, and Days of Swine and Roses, Muppet Vision 3D, and all Muppet Show, Jim Henson Hour, and Muppets Tonight promos, all of Rowlf's appearances on The Jimmy Dean Show, and all of the Muppets 1992 appearances on God Morning America.

It's the ultimate release, which will be followed by a second volume, featuring every epsiode of Muppet Babies, Little Mupet Monsters, and From the Balcony, plus every Muppetism and Muppet Time segment, all compilation videos, all Playhouse videos (except for Mother Goose Stories), all Muppet Sing-Alongs, every MuppeToon, and Muppet Classic Theater. Start saving your money now for EVERY IMPORTANT MUPPET PRODUCTION ON VIDEO!

Yeah, too early for april fools day, and also too unbelievable (if I want to provide an april fools joke, I'd want it to be believable).

ploobis

Reaction score
I have an idea for a future Muppet DVD set! "The Tales from Muppetland Collection DVD Boxset!" (3 Disc set).

Disc 1. Hey Cinderella!

Bonus Feature: Tales Of The Tinkerdee Pilot 1962

Disc 2. The Frog Prince

Bonus Feature: The Wizard Of Id short film 1969

Disc 3. The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen

Bonus Feature: Interviews with Jane Henson, Cheryl Henson, Jerry Nelson, Bonnie Erickson, Caroly Wilcox and Michael K. Frith.

"WHAT DO YA THINK?" :smile:

ploobis

Reaction score
It would also be great if the Ed Sullivan people would release "The Great Santa Claus Switch" on DVD around Christmas time!

ploobis

Reaction score
I know we have talked about this before but it would really be great if the Dick Cavett people and the Muppet Holding Company would release the Jim Henson & Muppets episode of The Dick Cavett Show from November 25, 1971 on DVD!

For a bonus feature they should add the appearance of The Country Trio singing "Momma Don't Allow" from 1973.

:smile: