What DVDs would you want for 2008?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I really would like to see John Denver & the Muppets: A Christmas Together complete DVD release and/or the unedited Muppet Family Christmas. I think both Disney and Henson have seen how dedicated fans have been with recent product to figure out a way to get these specials to us. :big_grin:

I would also like to see The Muppet Show 3 and Fraggle Rock 4 (I suppose that will be the final release the way Hit has composed them and as originally intended).

A nice new glossy treatment of The Muppets Take Manhattan would be great too. No more of this sticking the word "aniversary" on the package of a half-baked effort as done with TMM, GMC, MCC & MTI recently. :rolleyes: Fans will shell-out cash for a nicely done 2 disk set. :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A nice new glossy treatment of The Muppets Take Manhattan would be great too. No more of this sticking the word "aniversary" on the package of a half-baked effort as done with TMM, GMC, MCC & MTI recently. :rolleyes: Fans will shell-out cash for a nicely done 2 disk set. :wink:
Since quite a few fans seem to think that this is inferior to the first two movies, it would be interesting if this was the first Muppet movie to have a two-disc set.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have an idea for a future Muppet DVD set! "The Tales from Muppetland Collection DVD Boxset!" (3 Disc set).

Disc 1. Hey Cinderella!

Bonus Feature: Tales Of The Tinkerdee Pilot 1962

Disc 2. The Frog Prince

Bonus Feature: The Wizard Of Id short film 1969

Disc 3. The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen

Bonus Feature: Interviews with Jane Henson, Cheryl Henson, Jerry Nelson, Bonnie Erickson, Caroly Wilcox and Michael K. Frith.

"WHAT DO YA THINK?" :smile:

It would also be great if Land of Tinkerdee was included. The Frog Prince and Muppet Musicians of Bremen both featured quite a few characters whose voices were not performed by their performers. I wonder if the performers actually performed voices live, with voices looped later, or if the voice-overs pre-recorded thevoices and the performers lip-synched to the voice tracks. If the voices were dubbed, then it would be great to have alternate audio tracks (assuming that pre-production copies still exist in the vaults).

ploobis

Reaction score
Since we did not get certan Muppet sketches we wanted to see on the Sesame Street Old School Vol. 1 DVD set I have an idea for a line of Sesame Old School Best Of DVD's! Here is a list of what I mean.

1. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best Of Bert & Ernie"

Classic B & E sketches from 1969 to 1979

2. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best Of Cookie Monster"

Classic Cookie sketches from 1969 to 1979

3. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best Of Grover"

Classic Grover sketches from 1969 to 1979

4. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best Of Kermit The Frog"

Classic Kermit sketches (including Sesame News Flash skits) from 1969 to 1979

"WHAT DO YA THINK?" :smile: :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
How about this:

1. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1969"
Episodes 8, 43, 54, 83, and 130

2. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1970"
Episodes 158, 162, 179, 198, and 256

3. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1971"
Episodes 280, 303, 330, 355, and 405

4. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1972"
Episodes 410, 436, 500, 514, and 531

5. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1973"
Episodes 541, 560, 573, 597, and 633

Whaddya think?

King Prawn

Reaction score
This might be stupid since basically we'd be giving Disney our money again for a product I think it's safe to say we all have more than one DVD version of already and that is a proper 2 disc release of all the Muppet movies or at least the first two.

The Muppet Movie- 2 Disc Collectors Edition

Bonus Features- apart from other would include The Muppet Go Hollywood

The Great Muppet Caper

Bonus Features- The Muppets Go To The Movies

I'd also like to see Muppet specials, many of them could be included as extras on other DVD's, I doubt many of them would get their own release.

Little Muppet Monster- The Complete Series

I think that's the one i'd like to see the most, I've always heard of Little Muppet Monsters but have never seen an episode, I'd love to have all 18 episodes is it? on dvd

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Okay, I've decided that the Dog City set is my dream DVD at the moment. Make it happen, Henson!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
How about this:

1. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1969"
Episodes 8, 43, 54, 83, and 130

2. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1970"
Episodes 158, 162, 179, 198, and 256

3. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1971"
Episodes 280, 303, 330, 355, and 405

4. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1972"
Episodes 410, 436, 500, 514, and 531

5. Sesame Street Old School: "The Best of 1973"
Episodes 541, 560, 573, 597, and 633

Whaddya think?
A very good idea, though I think that the set fr the first season should include another episode or two that wasn't shown on Noggin. Maybe episode 121 (so we can know once and for all if the number one actually sponsored it).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I want to see TMS season 3 (no more 2 year waits) most of all, plus the Final Fraggle season, and a 2 disk Fraggle Cartoon DVD (13 episodes on 2 disks can be done. Look at Teen Titans. Of course, the old TMNT cartoon had 13 on one DISK, but the quality visually was warped).

What I'd love to see but won't:

Muppet Babies season one Uncut (i.e. original Saturday morning, not syndicated prints)
Dog City the special and the cartoon series
Some sort of compromise between henson and Disney to release the Jim Henson Hour (they could put Henson productions in association with Disney/Muppet Studios on the label)
Old School SS vol 3 (80's edition)
Muppet Family Christmas uncut
collection of old skits and commercials... if possible with Kermit and Rowlf.
Puppet Up Uncensored.