What DVDs would you want for 2008?

muppet baby

Reaction score
1 Muppet babies seasons any at all

2 Hey Cinderella
3 The Frog Prince
4 all the muppet movies in a new colletion box
5 Faggle Rock season 4 better yet maybe evern a Faggle rock complte series set :excited:

ploobis

Reaction score
Here are some stuff I would like to see on DVD next year.

1. The Muppet Show: Season Three

2. Fraggle Rock: Season Four

3. Sesame Street Old School (Best Of Bert & Ernie, Best Of Cookie Monster, Best Of Grover, Best Of Kermit, Best Of The Muppets)

5. The Dick Cavett Show: Jim Henson with The Muppets (November 25, 1971)

6. Tales From Muppetland DVD Collection: Disc 1 "Hey Cinderella", Disc 2 "The Frog Prince" Disc 3 "The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen"

7. The Jim Henson's Early Work DVD Collection

8. The Great Santa Claus Switch

9. John Denver & The Muppets: A Christmas Together DVD

10. The Muppets Go To The Movies

"WHAT DO YA THINK?" :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I would like to see the season box sets continue with "The Muppet Show: Season 3", "Fraggle Rock: Complete Fourth Season" and "Sesame Street Old School: Volume 3"

And going into the realm of total dream DVD - here my #1 dream DVD release: "The Tales from Muppetland Collection", a 2-disc set including "Hey Cinderella!", "The Frog Prince" and "The Muppet Musicians of Bremen"; plus "Tales of the Tinkerdee", "Land of the Tinkerdee" and "The Muppets on Puppets".

And looking down the road, 2009 would be a great time to do an honorable 30th anniversary re-release of "The Muppet Movie" – you know, a two-disc fanfare loaded with extras (old and new) including the promotional special "The Muppets go Hollywood" and other goodies (similar to Disney’s "platinum edition" treatments given to many of their animated classics). And if any Muppet films could justify that kind of treatment it would be The Muppet Movie (and maybe if successful, similar revisitings of the subsequent films could follow). The past releases (both Columbia’s and Dinsey’s) have been really barebone and lack-luster offerings.

Seeing Disney release the final seasons of "The Muppet Show" and doing a complete series release of "Muppets Tonight" is also a big desire of mine. And season or volume sets of "Bear in the Big Blue House" and "Muppet Babies" would be amazing too.

ploobis

Reaction score
I would also like to see all of the Muppet Television episodes from The Jim Henson Hour on DVD! :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
I would like to see the season box sets continue with "The Muppet Show: Season 3", "Fraggle Rock: Complete Fourth Season" and "Sesame Street Old School: Volume 3"

And going into the realm of total dream DVD - here my #1 dream DVD release: "The Tales from Muppetland Collection", a 2-disc set including "Hey Cinderella!", "The Frog Prince" and "The Muppet Musicians of Bremen"; plus "Tales of the Tinkerdee", "Land of the Tinkerdee" and "The Muppets on PuppetsG
And looking down the road, 2009 would be a great time to do an honorable 30th anniversary re-release of "The Muppet Movie" – you know, a two-disc fanfare loaded with extras (old and new) including the promotional special "The Muppets go Hollywood" and other goodies (similar to Disney’s "platinum edition" treatments given to many of their animated classics). And if any Muppet films could justify that kind of treatment it would be The Muppet Movie (and maybe if successful, similar revisitings of the subsequent films could follow). The past releases (both Columbia’s and Dinsey’s) have been really barebone and lack-luster offerings.

Seeing Disney release the final seasons of "The Muppet Show" and doing a complete series release of "Muppets Tonight" is also a big desire of mine. And season or volume sets of "Bear in the Big Blue House" and "Muppet Babies" would be amazing too.
Oh man you know what Gifiling waldo, you and i are thinking the same on this . i would love to see Hey Cinderella and The fog Prince in a special set that would be great .

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I would like disney (and I've said it year after year AFTER YEAR!) to re-release "A Muppet Family Christmas" UNCUT! and a few "Best Of" Muppet Babies on DVD too! Oh.... and the "Bear in the BIG Blue house" christmas show, Berry Bear Christmas or somthing like that. I have that on VHS from Sony, but I would like it on disney dvd. :zany:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but that seems to be the most popular Muppet special that hasn't been released on any commercial video format. Though I wonder how many people think it's just an album.
ya know. I use to think that too! and then around 7 or 8 years ago when we were in Kmart I seen the CD and my dad asked me if i wanted that. and i sayed Yes! :smile: I thought it was somthing new and he was telling me that he rememberd seeing that on TV back in the day! (I also found out that day to, we were talking about Muppets, he sayed that he NEVER missed an ep of "the Muppet Show", him and his room mate. He also went to see all 3 Muppet movies at the movies and he had a few Muppet items, The Kermit plush, wich I own now and a "1982" christmas ball ornament too! thats also mine and I STILL hang it up every year on my own christmas tree!). :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I remember Time Life doing some polling on Muppet Babies when they released the Best of Muppet Show collection years ago. I'm wondering if there are music rights issues with that? I couldn't think it would be anything else. Maybe the tape transfers look poor? But I don't think that would stop them. Seems like Muppet Babies could be quite the cash cow for Disney.

Also, I've never understood why a better solution isn't found for music edits. My solution: Release a bargain-priced edited version of a special. Release an unedited version that costs more, but uses the same menu and interface. Slap a "Collector's Edition" sticker on the packaging notiting the difference and sell both!

Ecconomical, easy and (even though it's a cheap way to go) fans get what we want - extra footage. Because when all is said and done, however sweet the packaging, I don't care if the discs come in a tin foil wrapper - I want the content!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I want that. I don't care for syndication. I want to see these older episodes AS THEY ORIGINALLY AIRED.
With the original FULL openings.

I remember Time Life doing some polling on Muppet Babies when they released the Best of Muppet Show collection years ago. I'm wondering if there are music rights issues with that? I couldn't think it would be anything else. Maybe the tape transfers look poor? But I don't think that would stop them. Seems like Muppet Babies could be quite the cash cow for Disney.
Other than the fact they probably aren't giving it the attention it should (a common problem with Disney) it seems more like a film rights issue if anything. Poor tape transfers did not stop the 1980's TMNT show (several episodes from season 3 have many artifacts flickering away at the top of the screen). I would see the Star Wars bits intact, since Lucas film has a good history with the Henson and Disney companies. And Jeffery Scott would protest if Columbia didn't let them use 3 Stooges clips. Others are up in the air. And some of them can't be cut out without ruining the entire episode.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Film rights - good point. Ya know, I wonder if many of the song writers and copyright holders with featured work in Jim Henson era projects are fussier now because they felt an "anything for Jim" sort of respect that they no longer hold since his passing? I have wondered that of many projects. :confused: :sympathy: