Wocka-Wocka... He's at it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHartnow

Reaction score
Wow...just wow.

I've seen this guy come and go on eBay, and I wanted to know how he was getting around the © laws. This is the response that I got back from him when inquiring about his Miss Piggy:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]"Hello there, and thanks for your interest in our custom puppets! Miss Piggy is an amazing puppet to both perform and display, and if you can do the voice even more fun! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]These are all built from my own interpretations and are in no way shape or from exact to the originals. Even the actual Muppets change in look each time they are built. As an artist it's my freedom to build from inspirations, which in this case are the Muppets. I also offer a full-range of original characters as well, but of course everyone wants the Muppet puppets! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like at: landofthepuppet@yahoo.com [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Also, stay-tuned for our website at: theatreofpuppets.com [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]-Steve"[/FONT]

Okay...so it's his right as an artist to build from inspirations...I don't deny him this...BUT...to capitalize and infringe by taking money for it is STEALING. His Miss Piggy was almost dead-on (I had issues with the eyes)...and I congratulate him on pulling off some really beautiful tributes, but he's got to be kidding himself if he thinks these are his "own" creations. Sheesh. :mad:

-John

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]"Hello there, and thanks for your interest in our custom puppets! Miss Piggy is an amazing puppet to both perform and display, and if you can do the voice even more fun! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]These are all built from my own interpretations and are in no way shape or from exact to the originals. Even the actual Muppets change in look each time they are built. As an artist it's my freedom to build from inspirations, which in this case are the Muppets. I also offer a full-range of original characters as well, but of course everyone wants the Muppet puppets! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like at: landofthepuppet@yahoo.com [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Also, stay-tuned for our website at: theatreofpuppets.com [/FONT]

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
wow talk about delusional

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
His Prices are outrageous, Really Miss Piggy, she like $3000. too high

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
not to get off topic, but $3,000 dollars is a reasonable price for a cutsom built puppet be it original or a Knock off, puppets built by Pros for legitimet purposes (like original characters, or replacemnets for originlas, cost far more than many people are willing to accept , talent is expensive.

but i digress,

JHartnow

Reaction score
He's back on as of this morning, minus Piggy. He's persistant, I'll give him that. He does have a great eye...and his replicas are purdy. Trying to stay positive...:smirk:

Now if he were to *GIVE* me a Miss Piggy...things would be different.:wink:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
He's back on as of this morning, minus Piggy. He's persistant, I'll give him that. He does have a great eye...and his replicas are purdy. Trying to stay positive...:smirk:

Now if he were to *GIVE* me a Miss Piggy...things would be different.:wink:

yes id have something to say if he GAVE me a kermit

JHartnow

Reaction score
Custom?

Slightly off topic...but...out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen a revamped, custom FP Piggy puppet? I've been contemplating doing one for years. Procrastination...oy. :rolleyes:

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
About a month ago I saw what really looked like a FP Miss Piggy on ebay, but she had a custom dress, gloves and her hair was styled differently. She looked really good.

spcglider

Reaction score
I've seen this guy come and go on eBay, and I wanted to know how he was getting around the © laws. This is the response that I got back from him when inquiring about his Miss Piggy:

Okay...so it's his right as an artist to build from inspirations...I don't deny him this...BUT...to capitalize and infringe by taking money for it is STEALING. His Miss Piggy was almost dead-on (I had issues with the eyes)...and I congratulate him on pulling off some really beautiful tributes, but he's got to be kidding himself if he thinks these are his "own" creations. Sheesh. :mad:

-John
It is not his right to build replicas and sell them. It doesn't matter how much they differ from the originals. They appear, to any casual observer to be the real thing. In fact, he makes it a point to excalim how much like the originals they look. It would be the same if he was making picture books featuring the Muppet characters and selling them. He doesn't have the legal rights to reproduce the likenesses of the characters in any form. Period.

If what he says is true, then people who make fake Rolex watches could do so with impugnity as long as they claimed that they were "artist's interpretations". Which we know is patently false.

Don't be fooled. He is sorely mistaken.

-Gordon

spcglider

Reaction score
His Prices are outrageous, Really Miss Piggy, she like $3000. too high
Even if she was $1.50, he'd still be infringing on the rights holder's property.

It doesn't have anything to do with his pricing.

-Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.