Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
lol well it means anything I didn't find any of Rich Little's impersonations to be very good.:embarrassed:
The only reason I even enjoyed that episode was because of the News Team outside interviewing him it was nice to see the Newsman outside of the studio & it was nice to see Mildred in a speaking role again.
yeah that was great scribbler was sooo funny to me

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Maybe they were meant to be bad impressions on purpose, and the muppets thinking they were good was part of the humour of it all.
Mark Hammil's impressions may have been the same gag in reverse, they muppets couldn't see how good his were, but Rich's sounded excellent to them.
What weird creatures muppets are.:confused: :crazy: :wink:
This is a beautiful explanation and I will accept it! Groovy.

David French

Reaction score
It's been a while since I last saw the Rich Little episode but I wonder if Little was trying to do Fozzie's voice from the previous year, as they would be all he would have had to go on.

MWoO

Reaction score
No, it seemed like he was attempting the current Fozzie, but it was just so robotic. He tried Fozzie's "ahhhh" but instead he sounded very robotic and monotone. Plus the move with the hat just looked so bad. It's like he didn't even come close to his mannerisms, first or second season. It's sad really because he can do really good impressions. His Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra were amazing, he even sang like them, got their mannerisms and all.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Rich Little is definitely one of my favorite impressionists, next to the late, great Frank Gorshin (who did a KILLER Kirk Douglas, Burt Lancaster, Marlon Brando, Boris Karloff, etc.) Yep, in addition to the voices, Rich usually had the mannerisms of the celebrities he was impersonating down pat. Again, check out Rich Little's Christmas Carol for a great example of the man's many talents. His Truman Capote as Tiny Tim was/is brilliant!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I like Rich Little as well, but I agree about those moments from his episode. I actually always tend to dislike it when people try to do impressions of the Muppets on the Muppet Show or even just when the Muppets are there. It just never seems to work.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Rich Little is one of the first guests of the season, current Fozzie barely had time to develop his current personality. And many sources say The Muppet Show didn't really become a powerhouse, popular show until the 2nd season (and not at the very beginning). If Rich Little was a guest in say the 4th season, then I would be more surprised.

Impressions are difficult, they are not something many people can do well. And most people would barely have the nerve to do it on TV. So I'm not going to bug the guy too much about it while I'm safe at home watching him from my couch, hehe. :smile: And as I said before, the Muppets are a bit more difficult to imitate than real human beings.

MGov

Reaction score
Definitely don't like that the Muppet Morsels aren't included.

But it has been fun to see the evolution of the show, with the guests interacting more and more with the Muppets.

Now, about the Elton John episode: Has anyone else noticed (how can I put this delicately?) let's call it "Frank Oz's view" of Elton John during "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I doubt Frank was looking at anything other than a monitor at that point. When you're puppeteering, you don't pay attention to anything like that.

Although, sometimes, it's safe to keep things in peripheral so you aren't surprised.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Rich Little is one of the first guests of the season, current Fozzie barely had time to develop his current personality. And many sources say The Muppet Show didn't really become a powerhouse, popular show until the 2nd season (and not at the very beginning). If Rich Little was a guest in say the 4th season, then I would be more surprised.
I have just started wondering if any of the season two guest stars appeared on the show without even seeing any episodes of the show before being asked to be on the show (and even if any guests didn't watch teh show until after their appearance).