Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now, about the Elton John episode: Has anyone else noticed (how can I put this delicately?) let's call it "Frank Oz's view" of Elton John during "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"?
I haven't noticed that. But what I often wonder is how Frank Oz felt when having Grover sit on Lena Horn or Madeline Kahn's laps when they appeared on Sesame Street.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Now, about the Elton John episode: Has anyone else noticed (how can I put this delicately?) let's call it "Frank Oz's view" of Elton John during "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"?
Hahaha I DEFINITELY noticed this! Elton John and David Bowie have more similarities than originally thought :wink:

Tim

Reaction score
Rich Little is great at what he does, no doubt.

Shame he's such an a**hole in real life.

MGov

Reaction score
I doubt Frank was looking at anything other than a monitor at that point. When you're puppeteering, you don't pay attention to anything like that.
Yes. I know. I've used a monitor once or twice.

I was trying to come up with a way of mentioning Elton John's skin tight pink bodysuit and lack of panty line that would be appropriate for all ages on this board.

Guess I was being TOO subtle.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, it's been a while since I posted here, but I thought I'd comment on the Petula Clark episode. I have to admit, I was disappointed with Kermit when I saw it. He wouldn't let Mickey hang around backstage just because of his name. That would be like not wanting Gonzo around just because he's weird. I mean, Kermit's a great character and all, but you have to admit, that was pretty cruel of him. Anyone else agree.

Telly

Reaction score
I love the character of Kermit because (to me) he has the most realistic characteristics of an average human. Even frogs can get jealous. :smirk:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I haven't noticed that. But what I often wonder is how Frank Oz felt when having Grover sit on Lena Horn or Madeline Kahn's laps when they appeared on Sesame Street.
I have wondered about this...I can only assume that the lot of them are serious prefessionals. :wink:

MWoO

Reaction score
Well, it's been a while since I posted here, but I thought I'd comment on the Petula Clark episode. I have to admit, I was disappointed with Kermit when I saw it. He wouldn't let Mickey hang around backstage just because of his name. That would be like not wanting Gonzo around just because he's weird. I mean, Kermit's a great character and all, but you have to admit, that was pretty cruel of him. Anyone else agree.
Are you serious?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I love the character of Kermit because (to me) he has the most realistic characteristics of an average human. Even frogs can get jealous. :smirk:
You mean Kermit is jealous of Mickey Mouse? I hadn't thought of that before, but you may be right. Though they did get along well in the "Muppets at Walt Disney World" special. Just something to think about.