Muppet Babies' Puppets Pictures?

JHartnow

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find good, close up pictures of any of the original Muppet Babies or photo puppets used in or to promote The Muppets Take Manhattan? Any help would be awesomely appreciated. :halo:

-John

muppetperson

Reaction score
There was a Muppet Babies Nursery Rhymes book that was put out that has plenty of pics.

JHartnow

Reaction score
Hey Eric,

Is that the one that has the Wizard of Oz theme on the front? If so, I've got that...somewhere. LOL. Specifically, I would love to see shots of them in their traditional outfits...

Thanks for the help!
-John

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Those pics are so adorable.

A few other places to find puppet pictures are on some jigsaws, and in the UK the 8th Muppet Annual has several pages with photos of the Muppet Babies photo puppets, and the Muppet Calendar CD-ROM has some too!

Chris

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I love that old Baby Kermit photo. I remember scanning that photo in, extracting it from the background and creating the remainder of the rocking horse that had been cropped for use on the Muppet Central site. I never knew it was making the rounds, but I am very glad to see it again! Gave me a smile remembering when I used to take the time to work some skills on Muppet stuff every week. I need to locate and sift through some of my image files someday and upload them for general use. :smile:

There should be a Baby Rowlf I gave the same wide-crop-creation treatment somewhere around here.

muppet baby

Reaction score
wow i have been looking for those sense the movie came out did they sell those as dolls in the stores ? ! I thought that they where because i thought that i saw them in a toy store in the early 80s . At that time though my mom and dad where kind of low on money so we could not affard many of the muppet babies dolls .

I really thought i saw this doll tough i mean this piggy in the picure that is on the link she is just like the one in MTM .

Was it avalble as a doll or a puppet in stores then or could i get it now somewhere could someone tell me please i really want it i would like to know also is it the one that i saw in the store maybe keke i don't want to think that i am crazy haha just kidding on the crazy part keke really :smile::wink:

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
I love that old Baby Kermit photo. I remember scanning that photo in, extracting it from the background and creating the remainder of the rocking horse that had been cropped for use on the Muppet Central site. I never knew it was making the rounds, but I am very glad to see it again! Gave me a smile remembering when I used to take the time to work some skills on Muppet stuff every week. I need to locate and sift through some of my image files someday and upload them for general use. :smile:

There should be a Baby Rowlf I gave the same wide-crop-creation treatment somewhere around here.
Dude! Where? Can I see? huhuh?
*swarms all over you in a frenzy*

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Those pics are so adorable.

A few other places to find puppet pictures are on some jigsaws, and in the UK the 8th Muppet Annual has several pages with photos of the Muppet Babies photo puppets, and the Muppet Calendar CD-ROM has some too!

Chris
Really? Oh cute! Do you have the Annual? Can ya scan 'em in? :big_grin:

Muppet Magazine had a spread with Steve Martin babysitting the Babies. I have that issue.

To be honest though, I hated the later posers that they used for the Babies. I liked the first versions better, that looked like the MTM Babies. The later ones look like stuffed toys, and in the Steve Martin article I have, you can see their seams really well. o.o

Which leads me to another beef. Why oh WHY is the Baby Rowlf puppet underused so much? >.< In the Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tale shoots, he's just used as a background character, while the others, get better more close up shots. And while pimping MTM, all the other Babies get solo pics, while he doesn't!

Arg, the injustice! :stick_out_tongue:

muppet baby

Reaction score
Really? Oh cute! Do you have the Annual? Can ya scan 'em in? :big_grin:

Muppet Magazine had a spread with Steve Martin babysitting the Babies. I have that issue.

To be honest though, I hated the later posers that they used for the Babies. I liked the first versions better, that looked like the MTM Babies. The later ones look like stuffed toys, and in the Steve Martin article I have, you can see their seams really well. o.o

Which leads me to another beef. Why oh WHY is the Baby Rowlf puppet underused so much? >.< In the Nursery Rhymes and Fairy Tale shoots, he's just used as a background character, while the others, get better more close up shots. And while pimping MTM, all the other Babies get solo pics, while he doesn't!

Arg, the injustice! :stick_out_tongue:
I totally agree with you i have seen other pictures where sometimes the muppets don't look like themselves and like stuffed toys you are right the injuctace i am so glad though that has not happened that often .