Dr. Teeth and Janice

karamazov80

Reaction score
It is kind of strange that the band is "Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem," and yet Floyd was probably the most interactive with the other Muppets. After Animal, he would probably be the most recognizable member of the group to a casual fan.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I'd say here's the order of the band from most known, to least known

Animal (easily the most featured with and without the band, everyone knows him)

Floyd (appeared by himself in many backstage scene and seems to be the band's spokesperson most of the time)

Janice (she isn't featured to hevily with the band much, usually just background vocals and a few solos, but she's higher up because of Vet's Hospital)

Dr. Teeth (even though the band is called "Dr. Teeth and the electric mayhem", he is rarely seen without the band, and doesn't interact much with others)

Zoot (he speaks the least of any of them, exept Lips, he is pretty recognizable because of his Sax playing, and he does interact with other muppets more, he's still probably the least known)

Lips (only with the band in 2 movies, a few specials, and some Muppet Show episodes, most people just think of it as a 5 member band. He hasn't been seen in the last 15 years, and in the muppets at walt disney world, he's only seen during the song, then disappears)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually in the movies Janice often ended up having more little moments than the other members (except maybe Animal).

peyjenk

Reaction score
Dr. Teeth got a few solos throughout TMS. I'm thinking "Poison Ivy", "Money", and "Cheesecake" (although he was joined by some monsters for that one).

I think Zoot was featured pretty well during the movies and TMS, but since he doesn't speak much, he isn't very memorable... especially to non-fanatics (read: people not like us).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You would think Zoot isn't very popular with non fanatics. But I've talked to a couple non-fanatic people who didn't know his name but love his um..."out of it" attitude. Lol

karamazov80

Reaction score
You would think Zoot isn't very popular with non fanatics. But I've talked to a couple non-fanatic people who didn't know his name but love his um..."out of it" attitude. Lol
I had a jazz guitarist friend in college who liked him the most b/c he was the most like a real jazz musician (watch those guys on Conan O'Brien, which Electric Mayhem guy do they most resemble?).

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
If they have a new muppet movie or tv show they better have all the members back in the spot light. i miss them:sing:

karamazov80

Reaction score
They will probably keep creating new characters like Pepe the Prawn, or Clifford, or some other garbage like that. . .but it doesn't bother me to much. So far, in my opinion, of course, any post-Henson Muppet related film or TV work is just not worth watching. I think that Muppets in Space has been the nadir so far, but it could get even worse.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I never really did see Janice and Dr. Teeth talking to one another during TMS or the movies.

Both, and Zoot, seemed to interact the least with Kermit and the rest of the gang for some reason. Although in the Brooke Shields episode Dr. Teeth was backstage with Floyd, Fozzie, and Gonzo singing a song.

That's about the only time you'll see Dr. Teeth backstage.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I never really did see Janice and Dr. Teeth talking to one another during TMS or the movies.

Both, and Zoot, seemed to interact the least with Kermit and the rest of the gang for some reason. Although in the Brooke Shields episode Dr. Teeth was backstage with Floyd, Fozzie, and Gonzo singing a song.

That's about the only time you'll see Dr. Teeth backstage.
Well, he does appear backstage fairly often; as a group with the other musicians, or going on or coming off stage. But you are right, I don't remember many times where he talked, sang or any other way interacted with the others.

Was he part of the group that threatened to quit in the Kaye Ballard episode? I know Janice wasn't there, but instead that purple horn-blower lady, but I don't remember if Dr. Teeth was or not.