Dr. Teeth and Janice

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Well, he does appear backstage fairly often; as a group with the other musicians, or going on or coming off stage. But you are right, I don't remember many times where he talked, sang or any other way interacted with the others.

Was he part of the group that threatened to quit in the Kaye Ballard episode? I know Janice wasn't there, but instead that purple horn-blower lady, but I don't remember if Dr. Teeth was or not.
Dr. Teeth was one of the band members who wanted to quit but he never said anything

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That is something I wonder about too. Why wasn't Janice involved with that plot? She was a member of the band at the time. Was it established that she really quit? If not, why didn't she play the end theme with Rowlf? I guess Janice had to have been away for some time so she'd have time to take 'valley girl' lessons and acquire that famous accent that she's had since season 2. Lol.

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
That is something I wonder about too. Why wasn't Janice involved with that plot? She was a member of the band at the time. Was it established that she really quit? If not, why didn't she play the end theme with Rowlf? I guess Janice had to have been away for some time so she'd have time to take 'valley girl' lessons and acquire that famous accent that she's had since season 2. Lol.
well janice wasnt a member of the orchastra pit band but then again neither was dr. teeth!

peyjenk

Reaction score
Just one big silly lack of continuity. :smile:

I think part of it is that most of the Muppets were not yet established as specific characters. I don't mean "not established" only in terms of what the audience knew them as, but also the writers and performers didn't quite have a handle on many of them at that time, either.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a bit funny to think that in the Kaye Ballard episode, Dr. Teeth didn't talk, but Zoot and Trumpet Girl, two characters who don't speak much, had lines.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a bit hard to determine who was quitting, the Electric Mayhem or the orchestra. At the time Janice wasn't part of the orhcestra, and all of the orhcestra members except for Rowlf and Crazy Harry (who was only part of the orhcestra in the openign and closing, but never in any actual episodes or sketches) were planning on quitting. The band also wear their tuxedos, which they wore as part of the orchestra, yet Dr. Teeth was one of the musicians planning on quitting, and he wasn't part of the orchestra. And Trumpet Girl was there, yet she was a member of the orhcestra but not a member of the Electric Mayhem.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well...Janice always got her moment in the, um, limelight. From "Look Mother..." to "...artistic..." But she was usually talking to herself.

Although the band is technically "Dr Teeth's" (Tooth? Teeths just feels wrong to write.) Floyd was the glue that stuck it together. He was the guy who handed out intro's in TMM and he was the one who came up with the idea of ancklin' over the theme tune.

As for Janice and Dr Teeth interaction, well, she was with Zoot in the First Season, Floyd in the second, she's been chased by Animal...who hasn't she 'interacted' with?

golden teeth

Reaction score
theyve interacted

Actually Dr. Teeth did interact with Janice in the Petula Clarke Muppet Show episode. They were dance partners in At the Dance

Janice: Oh wow, I really love being in your arms!
Dr. Teeth: Yeah me too! (His arms are wrapped around both of them)

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
As for Janice and Dr Teeth interaction, well, she was with Zoot in the First Season, Floyd in the second, she's been chased by Animal...who hasn't she 'interacted' with?

It seems that the only member of The Electric Mayhem she hasn't interacted with is Lips.