The end of Playhouse Disney Live at WDW

Misan

Reaction score
nope sadly but don't give up maybe when disieny decides to do more with the muppets you could try to be a backround performer

AAO

Reaction score
Also, just to throw this out there... Disney-MGM-Studios is changing completely! Playhouse Disney Live On Stage is getting new characters - although keeping JoJo's Circus and Pooh but a new format of Pooh with that new "Darby" character - ugh -, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire closed about nearly a year ago and the stage is going into rehab for a new ride called Toy Story Mania - it's neat, but we already have a Buzz Lightyear ride at the Magic Kingdom, then High School Musical is getting vampted for HIgh School Musical 2: School's Out... it's a new version of the show.. although the title will confuse people for school is now back in session, The Disney Stars and MOtor Cars Parade is leaving and Pixar's Block Party Bash is coming... which I'm actually excited about for I'm going for the jump rope workshops, then the really big news is Disney MGM Studios will now be called "Disney-Hollywood Studios"! That's right, the rights to MGM are finally gone... this may worry people about "The Great Movie Ride" on account of the MGM films... well no worries, they'll be fine on account that those were some of the only rights Disney could keep! Anyway, just to show that the entire park is getting a makeover! Eveything will but up and changed by Spring of 08...

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
Wow. That is a lot of changes, although that park really needed it. The Superstar TV set has been empty for at least a decade or more. I miss those good old days though because I have fond memories of that show and the tram tour of the set houses.

However, I can't say that it's all good. High School Musical....cough, gag...I can't believe Disney could sink this low, even if it is popular.

hehehe

Reaction score
Um....

(clears throat)
Personally, I... (deep breath) ....LIKE the direction the Playhouse Disney show is going. i'll tell you why. When kids go to Disney World, what's the first thing they think of, or more appropriately, who is the first thing they think of, even kids raised on Bear? I would think the answer would be Mickey Mouse. Am I right? And honestly, most of the shows they're adding, with the exception of MFTAP) are good kid's shows! Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is what Dora the Explorer should have been, ditto for Handy Manny = Bob the Builder, and Little Einstiens? Introduction to classical music! :smile: So I, for one, want to see what it's like. (runs to avoid rocks pelted at head)

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
While those show may have some quality, what about the Doodlebops. How can anyone defend that show....:confused:

And why should the changes affect the Bear? Can't he stay instead of getting evicted?

hehehe

Reaction score
Well...

...yes, except what I was trying to say was... I think Mickey will make a better host than Bear. (runs to avoid dynamite chucked at head. As he runs) Are the Doodlebops in this show? I didn't catch that. if they are, then I agree with you about them. Judy and David are way better. (They're a Canadian kid's music duo. (avoids second stick of dynamite and runs home)

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
Uh....Yay, Yay, Yay...we get it. It All started with a mouse, but creatively I think Henson has the edge. :wink:

If we used your "Mickey" theory, we'd have no Little Mermaid show or Beauty and The Beast or Nemo. Everything would be "Mickey" related. It's called variety.

hehehe

Reaction score
No, not for every show, like Little Mermaid. I'll break it down...
--As much as we Muppet fans hate to admit it, Mickey is the reason most kids go to Disneyland or WDW.
--Mickey has a very popular show on Playhouse Disney right now that, in my opinion anyway, is a quality program.
--Bear has not been on for years (at least, in a regular slot) so most kids don't know who he is anymore (look at the Jerry Lewis telethon for proof)
--So, if I were designing this show, it would make sense to take Bear out and make Mickey the host of Playhouse Disney Live for that twofold reason: he's got a popular show, and he's Mickey.

Now, I am going to miss Bear's segments too, but it's time to move on, folks. :smile:

BigBlueBear

Reaction score
Let me ask you this as a "Muppet Fan" hehehe....

When you think of Jim Henson, what are some of the first thoughts that pop into your head? Could the "Muppet Show" possibly be one of those shows that you relate to the brand? Well, they don't make that show anymore either, and I'm sure that many kids today don't even know what it is, BUT we still have a Muppets 4-D show don't we.:embarrassed:

Keep Trying....

Btw: I am a huge Disney fan, have family that works there and in the movie business, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with DIS business strategies. It is very flawed, in many respects, but that's a story for another day and another place.

Treelo

Reaction score
Let me ask you this as a "Muppet Fan" hehehe....
Could the "Muppet Show" possibly be one of those shows that you relate to the brand? Well, they don't make that show anymore either, and I'm sure that many kids today don't even know what it is, BUT we still have a Muppets 4-D show don't we.:embarrassed:

Keep Trying....
Can't speak for Florida, but MuppetVision 3D is being removed from California and replaced with Mickey's Philharmagic.